Barn find!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cisco   
Mon Sep 13 2021, 05:37pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Guys,

About three years ago I put my C6 away as I had converted a van to support my boarding and MTB hobbies. The van turned out to be a pretty good daily driver so I sorned the C6.

Now, the van is still good for everything but I resurrected the C6 a few days ago and have got bitten by the bug again. It's going to need a few jobs done but I think I'm getting back on the horse again!

It's a wonderful car!!

ATB Frank
jamescarruthers   
Mon Sep 13 2021, 08:26pm
Member No: #1548
Good to hear. Best of luck with it!
cruiserphil   
Wed Sep 15 2021, 10:22am

Member No: #38
Welcome back Cisco,

Best regards,

Phil C.
keithc   
Tue Sep 21 2021, 05:55pm
Member No: #2584
Hi Cisco, did you start your car etc in the 3 years?

I parked my C6 up (in professional storage) the end of October 2018. I was using it as a daily for a few years before and having had a son in the middle of 2017 he started with a childminder in June 18 when my wife returned to work. She lived on an awful road and I hated bring the C6 down it so decided to take it off the road for the winter. That's turned into nearly three years now and since it's stored over two hours drive away I've not been to drive it since july last year.

Unfortunately last time I went it has a leak from the rear right shock but after topping up the fluid everything else was fine and I took it for a spin.

I'm hoping to have it back on the road next summer but I said that this year too!

I do miss it, driving a megane estate now, which is a very practical car but not much else!
FraserG   
Tue Sep 21 2021, 10:25pm
Member No: #2011
Cisco,

I feel your pain!

The wait will be worth it...
Cisco   
Tue Sep 21 2021, 10:35pm
Member No: #1429
Hi Keith,

Yeah, I started it regularly to get everything warm but did not run it. It seems to have put up with that sort of abuse pretty well although I believe I've blocked the particulate filter!

The brake discs would also start to seize on after a couple of months but other than those two items I think it is fine. I'm still not sure when it is going back on the road tho' with the ridiculous road tax!

ATB Frank

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club