C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

How to get into the wing mirrors?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chrisisbd   
Tue Aug 10 2021, 09:48am
Member No: #2258
Our nearside wing mirror is semi-not-working, I suspect that a good cleanout would sort it out.

How does one disassemble/remove the wing mirrors?

I've found the parts diagram here but it's not very informative about how it's held together!
321dave   
Tue Aug 10 2021, 12:20pm
Member No: #614
chrisisbd wrote ...

Our nearside wing mirror is semi-not-working, I suspect that a good cleanout would sort it out.

How does one disassemble/remove the wing mirrors?

I've found the parts diagram here but it's not very informative about how it's held together!

Hi Chrisisbd,
every now and then spay some anti friction Dry PTFE spray in the little hole at the end of the mirror. For me anyway it makes them operate very smoothly in all weather. They used to have a hesitation before I started to maintain them with a couple of sprays per year. Worth a try in any case.

cruiserphil   
Wed Aug 11 2021, 06:53am

Member No: #38
Hello Chrisbd,

Any help? - Click Here - or - Click Here -

Best regards,

Phil C.
chrisisbd   
Fri Aug 13 2021, 03:06pm
Member No: #2258
Well, one of the links says ".... first remove the mirror glass...." but gives no clue as to how one does that. Can anyone help? Is it just pinging some clips off or what?
cruiserphil   
Mon Aug 16 2021, 10:24am

Hello Chrisbd,

You have to access a tap behind the top of the mirror with a flat blade screwdriver. The instruction came with a replacement mirror I got. I kept the instruction. I'll have a look for it and get back to you unless one of our learned membership advises before me!!

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Thu Aug 19 2021, 09:27am

Hello Chrisbd,

I regret to say I couldn't find the instruction. But I do remember you have to gently prise the top of the mirror out enough to get a small flat blade screwdriver down to release a clip. If you look down it should become clear. I do remember the mirror came off without a fight.

Hope this helps,

Phil C.
321dave   
Thu Aug 19 2021, 11:35am
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Chrisbd,

I regret to say I couldn't find the instruction. But I do remember you have to gently prise the top of the mirror out enough to get a small flat blade screwdriver down to release a clip. If you look down it should become clear. I do remember the mirror came off without a fight.

Hope this helps,

Phil C.

You could also have a read of this previous posting on the forum. Mentions removing the mirror glass in nice detail.
If that doesn’t help. Best bring it to a garage and let them break it for you.

- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club