air conditioner problem

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jjorge   
Thu Aug 05 2021, 09:12am
Member No: #1898
Good morning everybody.
I have a curious problem and I would like to know if it has already happened to you or if you know what might be happening:
When I turn on the air conditioner in cold weather, it only blows cold air to the left side and room temperature air to the right side. But if I turn on the hot air, it blows hot air to both sides.
Has it happened to you or do you know what might be happening?
Thanks
jamescarruthers   
Thu Aug 05 2021, 10:18am
Member No: #1548
I haven’t experienced it myself or done the famous fix but I think the flaps that control the air direction and temperature inside the heater box snap. There is a fix where you cut the side of the box off, install new flaps and then glue it back together. Have a search on here for “heater flaps” and you should find it.
mtee   
Fri Aug 06 2021, 05:57am
Member No: #1924
I'm having a similar problem this summer in 3.0 HDi 2012. The issue can be noticed only when the weather is very warm. Incoming air on right-hand side is cold, as expected, while on left-hand side it's only a little bit cooler than inside the car.
Hot air control works properly on both sides.
The issue has not yet been investigated, but it indeed sounds like a flap problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club