Engine and gearbox updates, fix judder at 1500-2000 rpm, but at a price

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Frode   
Thu Jul 29 2021, 09:45am
Member No: #3171
Hi all,

I have had a juddering issue with my (2.7) at low revs, not all the time, but frequently enough to be bothersome. The problem became worse after an EGR change. There is an update available for judder between 1500 and 2000 rpm, and it seems to have done the trick. The trouble is that the service agent also "had" to do a gearbox update (which they never told me about), and now 1) the gearbox only shifts to 6. above 98kph (60mph), against 88kph (54mph) before, and 2) manual upshifts to 6. is no longer possible below 98kph (before, it was available from 82kph). Smoothness of operation then likely comes at the expense of mpg.

So, if you contemplate the engine update, there may be a cost involved. On the other hand, it may perhaps also spell a longer life for the gearbox.

Best,
Frode
Candide   
Thu Jul 29 2021, 10:02am
Member No: #3844
I read this with interest because it's one thing that has really bothered me about the C6, when it changes to 6th gear. Mine will NEVER change to 6th until at least 61mph (96kph) so I'm intrigued as to why yours was changing at 54mph? It's one of the most annoying things about the car because a lot of driving is done in the 50-60mph range and the car sits in 5th a lot when I would rather it changed to 6th but it will not, even with manual selection, until at least 61mph. I'll follow this thread to see the outcome. Oh and mine does not seem to suffer from any judder so maybe there are some updates that I haven't yet had? Or maybe I have had the update, hence why my car does not shift to 6th below 60mph?
c6kev   
Thu Jul 29 2021, 05:42pm
Member No: #1508
My 2.7 has never been able to change to 6th gear below 60mph. Every day I drive through a 50mph zone with signs telling me that the speed limit is to reduce pollution. It always makes me smile that the "authorities" think that revving the engine in a low gear might be good for the environment!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club