C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Obsolete part

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
richardh   
Tue Jul 13 2021, 10:16am
Member No: #4772
Advice welcome. My 2.7 V6 Exclusive broke down with a faulty, overheating ECU. My garage traced the fault to a “ under bonnet fuse box “. Apparently Citroen no longer stock this part and have not been very helpful and the garage are struggling to source a replacement.I have been a proud owner for 12 years. It has been regularly serviced at Citroen dealers and has only done 47000 miles. I am desperately trying avoiding writing it off !
MGmike   
Tue Jul 13 2021, 05:36pm
Member No: #3151
Do you have the part number they are looking for?

The ECU is located in the "under bonnet electrics box" beside the "under bonnet fuse box". I'd be surprised if the fuse box would cause an overheating ECU but I've been wrong before.

If it is the fuse box your best option is a used one (I should have one if you want to PM me). If it's the ECU your best option is to search for ECU repairer to see if anyone can...

Best of luck with it but please don't write it off without getting in touch
MGmike   
Wed Jul 14 2021, 05:29am
I been doing a little research on possible causes and wondered if you could confirm what error codes have been logged? I have a feeling this is related to the ECU's control of the main radiator cooling fans with a P0483 code.

Also, if anyone has access to the wiring diagrams, could you add the 2.7 cooling fan diagrams to the tech section please?
richardh   
Wed Jul 14 2021, 06:39pm
Member No: #4772
I, m very grateful for your input. I, ve contacted the garage again and a different person was more upbeat about the chances of getting the part repaired. The error code was F99C. He said the R2 relay in the engine fuse box had failed. The part number is 6500CG. I, m surprised that Citroen were unable, or unwilling to source this part.
jamescarruthers   
Wed Jul 14 2021, 09:40pm
Member No: #1548
I had a quick look over on FCF and it seems that 6500CG is quite a generic number which is only good for ordering direct and new from Citroen. If you replace with a second hand unit just matching this number, you will very likely get an incompatible module. There should be a very long part number on the side of it: this is the number to be searching for spare parts on the second hand market.

A quick search for “Citroen BSM repair” shows a few companies can do this repair. For example:
- Click Here -

- Click Here -

I’d be inclined to get yours repaired, rather than put another one in which could fail tomorrow. Hopefully the “repair” does some preventative maintenance, such as reflowing solder joints, etc.

Good luck!
MGmike   
Wed Jul 14 2021, 10:48pm
F99C Fuel pump control fault

Almost certainly a relay fault in the engine fuse box. The challenge is which relay out of the four or five!
I had the same problem with one of my C5's and got lucky! At the time I didn't have the time to wait for a new one and couldn't find a second hand one. My thought process was dive in and replace the relay! I got lucky and picked the right one first time. I cut the relay out of the circuit board (which has a lot of hermetical sealing) and wired in a standard external relay. Been 100% effective ever since.

Assuming the C6 board layout is the same as the C5 I should be able to fix yours if you can't/don't want to go second hand. Worst case, I think I have one to replace it (think, because I need to check I can find it in the spares bucket!).

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club