C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Central Display is not working

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
TheSnapper   
Wed Jun 23 2021, 06:28pm
Member No: #3594
Hi - I have a Citroën C6 2.2 HDi Manual '07 plate (rare?)
My central display is not working.
More importantly to me there is now no power to (aftermarket) DAB radio, which has Bluetooth phone. Also no parking sensors etc.

I had a brainwave & removed & cleaned all the fuse contacts in the dash fuse-box.
Miraculously it worked for 1 day, then went dead.
I can no longer do my own maintenance after wrist surgery, so are there any recommendations for a repairer to fix the display etc?
My garage will remove & send it off if required.
MGmike   
Wed Jun 23 2021, 09:49pm
Member No: #3151
ok, first thing is... how do you know the display is causing the fault?
I think you should get someone to disconnect it and make sure the other items spring back into life. Then you have a few options:

1, fix it yourself with a kit off eBay (not likely given your circumstances)
2, send/take it to Simon Mark Edwards, Somerset Technical Services who's not far from you.
3, find someone else to fix it or..
4, send it to me. I would quite like to have a go at a repair. I've done the research and if it's the standard fault, I'm confident I can fix it! If not, I'll send you the one out of my spares car and pay someone else to fix it or I've just given away £150+ worth of display! An expensive lesson!

Dan595   
Thu Jun 24 2021, 10:03am
Member No: #299
Is this the 'big' sat nav display or the 'little' central display that is fitted to cars without the navigation system?
TheSnapper   
Thu Jun 24 2021, 02:56pm
Hi Dan
This is the the "little" central display - no navigation system.
I presume the radio is powered from this or from the same circuit...?
Tim
TheSnapper   
Thu Jun 24 2021, 03:13pm
Hi MGMike
A couple of weeks ago when the car was in for a full service, the garage told ne that they had "shorted-out" the display and the sensors etc. were working, so I am assuming a faulty display.
I would be interested in your offer.
Any idea how much would it cost me & how long it would take?
Or do you just want to sell me your spare, and I'll send you the one from my car to play with!
Tim
MGmike   
Thu Jun 24 2021, 05:07pm
Member No: #3151
Hi Tim,
bad news I'm afraid... I got confused and thought you meant the speedo display! I only have the bigger Sat Nav screen in the spares pile. Finding a small Lineage display is going to be a bit of a challenge.

I would give Simon a shout to see if he can do anything. If all else fails I take a look but won't make any promises.

Dan595   
Mon Jun 28 2021, 06:42pm
Member No: #299
I've never seen one of these screens 'close up' so it's difficult to know what to suggest. I suspect that the screen itself is shared with many other cars and they may be a better source as few C6s seem to have the small screen.

Worth trying Arnaud Lemasson, CitroPro (I think on facebook) as he always has a few parts cars around.
arconell3   
Tue Jun 29 2021, 07:40pm
Member No: #922
TheSnapper wrote ...

I had a brainwave & removed & cleaned all the fuse contacts in the dash fuse-box.
Miraculously it worked for 1 day, then went dead.

That might indicate a supply voltage problem rather than a defective unit.

Although, like the others here, I am not familiar with the small display unit, most likely that also gets its power through a piece of flat (ribbon) cable and a PCB connector. It may be worthwhile just checking/cleaning that piece of cable and its connector.

Good luck, Robert
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club