Car running rough

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Radox   
Tue Jun 08 2021, 08:17pm
Member No: #4044
Hello.

Driving my C6 recently has been a nightmare. I don't have the joy of driving this car anymore. The engine is slow to respond, the "roaring" sound when pressing the gas is much louder than before, and there are vibrations in the gas pedal that are driving me crazy.

What I've done so far:

1. New oil, oil filter, air filter
2. New engine mounts and gearbox mounts (all of them)
3. Did a cleaning with a diesel additive Syprin (actually did improve response, reduce vibrations and engine noise, but after a month all was back to previous rough condition)

^ Nothing of the above actions solved the problem, it has actually even gotten a bit worse. But there's more:

4. A few months ago, I noticed oil in the coolant reservoir. After an inspection by Citroen it turned out it was the %@#$% heat exchanger of the gearbox. It got replaced and that solved the problem with the gearbox oil in the coolant, but since I drove about a month with this condition, I have fear that some coolant might have entered the gearbox and screwed it up completely. Because I also have problems with RPMS playing up-down-up on gear shifts from 2-3 and 3-4 (I think the last one is probably a busted valve block, since nearly all C6s seem to experience this sooner or later, but still)
So, can a defective/not well functioning gearbox somehow affect the responsiveness/noise of the running engine?

If not, what do you think might be the problem? Probably drive belt/timing belt pulleys? Failed fuel injector(s)? Glowplugs? Something with the exhaust system? Or something more serious like a failing crankshaft?

I know it's next to impossible to say the exact reason just by reading this, but any ideas would be appreciated. I am collecting opinions before taking the car again to Citroen in 2-3 weeks.
arconell3   
Wed Jun 09 2021, 05:32am
Member No: #922
I assume it is a 2.7 engine. Check the swirl valve actuator. The membrane is probably ripped.

Regards, Robert
Website
cit-rotti   
Wed Jun 09 2021, 03:24pm
Member No: #3753
This spare part can be bought cheaply at Jaguar - Citroen does not have it.
Greetings Wolfgang
Radox   
Wed Jun 09 2021, 04:54pm
arconell3 wrote ...

I assume it is a 2.7 engine. Check the swirl valve actuator. The membrane is probably ripped.

Regards, Robert

You think this part might be responsible for all of the engine problems if it's indeed broken? And in fact, what does it actually do?

Do you have the part number. I live in Germany and don't know how to find it in German

Thanks a lot.
Fraunie   
Wed Jun 09 2021, 07:46pm
Member No: #3763
The jaguar part # C2C41233

You'll get the kit from any Jaguar dealer or on eBay...
Radox   
Wed Jun 09 2021, 09:56pm
Fraunie wrote ...

The jaguar part # C2C41233

You'll get the kit from any Jaguar dealer or on eBay...

And it is compatible with the C6 engine?? (I know they are the same, but still).

Do you think this will solve the problem? Seems a small part to be causing that many problems
Fraunie   
Thu Jun 10 2021, 07:05am
Member No: #3763
You're welcome...
cit-rotti   
Thu Jun 10 2021, 07:42am
Member No: #3753
... a vacuum can be used to check whether the respective membrane is defective.
There is a drive for the swirl valve for each side (V6 engine) of the intake.
A defect doesn't always lead to great malfunctions - but the car works better with correct control of the swirl flaps.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club