Japan C6 import to UK

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Nshooter   
Tue Jun 08 2021, 03:13pm
Member No: #3033
Hi All

I wonder if anyone has any experience importing a Japanese C6 to the UK. My main question is whether it is easy for the Speedo and odometer to be converted from km to miles easily as this is a mandatory requirement. I think the UK cars have a an option to convey to km so assume the opposite is true. I've know there are one or two people on here with Japan spec cars imported to NZ but the posts are quite old. Any other thoughts appreciated.
Dan595   
Thu Jun 10 2021, 04:33pm
Member No: #299
On the speedo conversion this can be switched between miles and kilometres using the on-board menu, even whilst driving. No need for Lexia or Diagbox etc. Highly likely that this is possible for all models.

I strongly suspect that the system is natively in kilometres as (for example) the trip computer goes up to 6,214 miles (9999 km).

Nshooter   
Fri Jun 11 2021, 12:50pm
Member No: #3033
Thanks for the reply. Is the same possible for the odometer?
Thanks
DSDan   
Thu Jun 17 2021, 08:53pm
Member No: #3488
Hi Nshooter,

I actually did this in reverse; took a UK miles car to New Zealand and changed to Kms. Absolute doddle as I recall. It was all in the settings menu on the centre screen. You can change to between Metric and Imperial at the press of a button, plus other things like 12 or 24 hour clock. It changed everything, speedo, HUD and odometer plus the mileage on the service indicator. Nothing to worry about there.

Regards, Danny
David Hallworth   
Fri Jun 18 2021, 02:30pm

Member No: #90
I imported a car from France to the UK and changing anything that measures the units miles or KM's is as easy as changing the settings in the menu.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club