C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6 Parts Market

Wanted: L/H (UK passenger side) front door window glass

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jamescarruthers   
Wed May 26 2021, 07:03am
Member No: #1548
Hello. I need a L/H (UK passenger side) front door window glass, please.
Hattershaun   
Wed May 26 2021, 03:50pm
Member No: #320
B.L.Autos have a new one James.
jamescarruthers   
Wed May 26 2021, 03:59pm
Ah yes true, I was just trying to see if I could get one cheaper second hand! They want £220, which is still cheaper than Citroen’s £401… in my tight northerner head a second hand window should be like £50. I suspect I may just have to accept the reality and end up buying the BL Autos one. Thanks Shaun.

I know windscreen replacement doesn’t affect my no-claims bonus. This may extend to side windows too if I’m lucky.
MGmike   
Wed May 26 2021, 05:01pm
Member No: #3151
James, we know the value of windows and even second hand you would be looking at £100 min more like £150.

I do have one but it's on a car I've still to commit to breaking, I just can't bring myself to do it
Hattershaun   
Wed May 26 2021, 05:37pm
Member No: #320
jamescarruthers wrote ...

Ah yes true, I was just trying to see if I could get one cheaper second hand! They want £220, which is still cheaper than Citroen’s £401… in my tight northerner head a second hand window should be like £50. I suspect I may just have to accept the reality and end up buying the BL Autos one. Thanks Shaun.

I know windscreen replacement doesn’t affect my no-claims bonus. This may extend to side windows too if I’m lucky.

I've sold used windows for £125 -£150.
£200+VAT for a new one is a good price IMHO.
You'll be saving a fortune on fuel costs running lpg????
cruiserphil   
Fri May 28 2021, 09:29am

Member No: #38
Hello James,

I agree with all the replies. I had to get a driver's door window replaced, covered by insurance. The cost of the window was around €450. You have to appreciate the glass is not your normal door glass. The BL price is very good.
Several years ago a windscreen was just on €1000.

Best regards,

Phil C.
jamescarruthers   
Fri May 28 2021, 05:28pm
I managed to get a new side window for £175 c/o a guy on another forum. However, my insurance company cover windshield and side windows with no effect on the accumulated no-claims bonus. For £100 excess to replace both its a bit of a no brainier and if the premium goes up a little it’s probably justified. Let’s see if Autoglass can actually get the side window for a weird old French car! Fingers crossed.

Thanks for all the advise along the way guys.

Now… to my hydraulic leak!
cruiserphil   
Mon May 31 2021, 09:01am

Member No: #38
Hello James,

That's the way to go with the glass. About a year and a half ago, the windscreen gang here received the door window in about a week!

Good luck with the hydraulic leak. By the sounds of it, it will be easy to find!!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club