Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Kaloteck   
Thu Feb 04 2021, 05:15pm
Member No: #1271
Hey,

I’m curious…

Do you guys sometimes get to drive modern high-end luxury cars…?

I had the opportunity to drive a Mercedes the other day, S-class MY’ 2015, well taken care of and with 100% functional air suspension and 18" wheels.

I was amazed at how hard it was tackling the bumps in comparison to my C6.

Sure, it was sort of comfy, but still noticeably worse.

So, the C6... still the best?

What do you think?
FraserG   
Thu Feb 04 2021, 10:24pm
Member No: #2011
A good question.

My only recent comparisons have been A6 Audi, Range Rovers (Vogue and Sport) and a Tesla S.

All were comfortable but I did notice local road inconsistencies that I don't normally experience in my C6.

We have some local speed bumps designed to slow traffic down on some generously wide avenues that are tempting to people not concentrating on their speed. I can ignore them in my C6 although it bangs (noise only) but other local traffic need to slow right down from 50kph to 20kph. My DS21 was much better than the C6 as were my 2 x CX's and XM.

My C6 can get a little floaty at times so the sport button helps for those few road conditions. Coming off the Auckland Harbour Bridge heading North can set up a floaty bounce.

Fraser
Kaloteck   
Fri Feb 05 2021, 06:29pm
FraserG wrote ...

My DS21 was much better than the C6 as were my 2 x CX's and XM.

Gee... This really should be the other way around... What's the world coming to?
Junksleeper   
Thu Apr 15 2021, 02:16pm
Member No: #1605
Hi,
Interesting question. I love my 2.7 C6 Exclusive and thought nothing could touch it. I have just bought a Lexus LS 460 and it is superior in every department by far (Suspension included)- apart from one.
If I could have the beautiful looks of the C6 with all of the magnificently over engineered qualities of the LS 460's interior, exterior and engine- i'd have my dream car.
I enjoy both and will never get rid of the C6 but it's hard not to keep comparing the two. Having said that the Lexus was 79 grand brand new and I suppose one should expect those differences.
Tjensen   
Thu Apr 15 2021, 04:02pm
Member No: #954
I think Toyota for some of their luxury cars (Lexus, Land cruiser) has suspension details that look like Citroen. (the spheres, but not used as main susoension, AMVAR ??)
Jas16   
Fri Apr 16 2021, 08:27am
Member No: #2994
For direct comparisons, it is best to look at what was available at the time in the same price bracket. Agree that more expensive RRP cars should be better than the C6. However it is testament to Citroen's focus on comfort that these cars can still compete with either more modern and/or more expensive cars.

Personally, tax brackets aside, I would have loved a Petrol C6. But as the C6 is a such a great long distance cruiser, I can compromise with my manual.
Kaloteck   
Sat May 22 2021, 09:38am
Junksleeper wrote ...

I have just bought a Lexus LS 460 and it is superior in every department by far (Suspension included)

Oh, you gotta be kidding me!
What model year?

Junksleeper   
Fri Jun 11 2021, 06:13pm
Member No: #1605
LS 460 year 2015. Amazing piece of engineering but hasn't got the Gaelic charm of my C6 which i'll always keep. (sorry for late reply Kaloteck)

Mike

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club