suspension in low position

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
pete_s   
Sat Apr 03 2021, 11:02am
Member No: #4603
Hi Guys,
I took my 2008 2.7 HDI for MOT last week and just before he had the brake test to do he called me over and asked how I raised my suspension up. I tried pushing button and nothing happened, he told me he raised the suspension up then lowered it again and it wouldn't go up.
There are no leaks, I'm sure the pump's going because I can hear it and after I turn ignition off it clicks a few times also checked LDS level and its just showing in neck of filler cap.
When he showed me underneath on ramp the rear n/s level sensor was broken (Blue side).
I have this on order from Citroen.
Is this why my suspension will not rise or is it another problem?
cruiserphil   
Mon Apr 12 2021, 07:57pm

Member No: #38
Hello Pete_s,

You'll need to sort that broken sensor and see what happens then. The pump should sound when you unlock the car. The clicking you hear when you switch off the ignition is a disgnostic routine on the egr valves.

Best regards,

Phil C.
Tjensen   
Tue Apr 13 2021, 10:29am
Member No: #954
Rising from the lowest position is also a slooow process. The impression that it is OK to rise to the top, then fast to the bottom and then nothing happens on the way up again is normal. I was really worried for a long time. But you have a broken height corrector and that must be fixed.
arconell3   
Fri Apr 16 2021, 11:47am
Member No: #922
pete_s wrote ...

Hi Guys,
I took my 2008 2.7 HDI for MOT last week and just before he had the brake test to do he called me over and asked how I raised my suspension up. I tried pushing button and nothing happened, he told me he raised the suspension up then lowered it again and it wouldn't go up.
There are no leaks, I'm sure the pump's going because I can hear it and after I turn ignition off it clicks a few times also checked LDS level and its just showing in neck of filler cap.
When he showed me underneath on ramp the rear n/s level sensor was broken (Blue side).
I have this on order from Citroen.
Is this why my suspension will not rise or is it another problem?

The broken sensor is probably the reason for the malfunction.

However, and equally important: you stated:
"also checked LDS level and its just showing in neck of filler cap", which means there is far too much LDS in there! In the lowest position you shouldn't see any LDS in the tank!! Only when the suspension system is fully depressurised (using Diagbox) the level is visible, at about 1/2" over the bottom of the tank... Mind you, when depressurised the car will sink another 2" from the low position when using the console button.

That means that when your car is depressurised at the workshop, the result will be an awful mess, with like 2 litres of LDS being pushed out. Even worse, the overflowing LDS will enter the BHI and ruin the brushes of your electric pump motor. Whoever filled your LDS tank to the brim, really should never lay hands on a C6 again!!

To prevent disaster, the only method is to use a (self-made) additional overflow tank, fitting on top of the LDS tank, with a close-off valve at the bottom. Then depressurise the system, letting the surplus of LDS flow into the overflow tank, close the valve and take the overflow tank off. Subsequently, syphon the still remaining excess LDS out of the tank until the level reaches the middle of the funnel at the bottom of the tank. Oh, and let the bloke who overfilled your tank pay for the costs...

Good luck,

Robert
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club