Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Noisy Sticky Folding Door Mirrors....

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PHaTGRoB   
Sat Mar 13 2021, 10:06am
Member No: #994
Am I seeing things, or is that a VW Audi part that Citroen is using? If so, there must be loads of highly reliable German cars (?) having similar problems. When searched, the part nos. actually come up as a Throttle Position Sensor for various VWs / Audis. Would the part therefore be available and cheaper for those cars, as they make far more cars? Mine seem to work fine (that does it!!), so long as I occasionally squirt a little Ferrosol in through that little aperture when closed. Ferrosol was recommended by someone on here specifically for this purpose and it is great stuff, with multiple uses. It's much better than WD40 as a penetrating fluid, for example.
Radox   
Wed Mar 17 2021, 08:23am
Member No: #4044
While we are on the topic of mirrors... Does someone know if the "facelift" mirrors with the more rectangular shape can be installed in place of the original oval mirrors on a pre-2009 C6?
Hattershaun   
Fri Mar 19 2021, 08:38am
Member No: #320
Radox wrote ...

While we are on the topic of mirrors... Does someone know if the "facelift" mirrors with the more rectangular shape can be installed in place of the original oval mirrors on a pre-2009 C6?

Yes, the later mirrors can be installed on an earlier car; mounting points are identical and electrical connectors are the same. I tried it once.
Radox   
Fri Mar 26 2021, 07:19am
Member No: #4044
Hattershaun wrote ...

Radox wrote ...

Yes, the later mirrors can be installed on an earlier car; mounting points are identical and electrical connectors are the same. I tried it once.

Sounds interesting.

And the folding/unfolding and reverse parking tilting worked without problems?
Hattershaun   
Fri Mar 26 2021, 10:26am
Member No: #320
Radox wrote ...

Hattershaun wrote ...

Radox wrote ...

Sounds interesting.

And the folding/unfolding and reverse parking tilting worked without problems?

Yes, all the functions worked correctly.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club