C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Engine transmission mounts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Johnwh   
Thu Mar 04 2021, 10:41pm
Member No: #4581
I am trying to prepare for a number resto issues for my newly purchased C6. I have already purchased a complete set of suspension bushes and would like to address a vibration at idle that is most likely worn engine transmission mounts.What items would you recommend changing?
Cheers John
Radox   
Fri Mar 05 2021, 09:02am
Member No: #4044
I will be changing all transmission and engine mounts next week, exactly because of said vibrations. When it is done, I will post about part numbers and if there is any improvement.
321dave   
Sat Mar 06 2021, 08:55am
Member No: #614
Radox wrote ...

I will be changing all transmission and engine mounts next week, exactly because of said vibrations. When it is done, I will post about part numbers and if there is any improvement.

Just wondering, have you checked the injectors for any issues? Also worth checking them as depending on your mileage. Apparently a good test is to slowing rev the engine to over 2500rpm very slowing and look out for a small wobbling of the engine or hesitation while reving. If it is not silky that can be an injector issue or more than one going bad. Similar to the engine mount wobble test, but slow and gentle.
Radox   
Sat Mar 06 2021, 09:22am
321dave wrote ...

Radox wrote ...

Just wondering, have you checked the injectors for any issues? Also worth checking them as depending on your mileage. Apparently a good test is to slowing rev the engine to over 2500rpm very slowing and look out for a small wobbling of the engine or hesitation while reving. If it is not silky that can be an injector issue or more than one going bad. Similar to the engine mount wobble test, but slow and gentle.

I have not checked the injectors yet. The car has exactly 100.000 miles on it, do you think the injectors could already be causing a little rougher work of the engine? The things are not so bad, the vibrations are with a weak to moderate intensity, but i am a maniac and want the car to feel silky smooth

Also, each new injector will cost about 600 euros, which means at least 3600 for the whole set (excluding other small parts that may also needed to be changed along wih them), which is money I of course prefer not spending. Do you think an injector cleaning diesel additive will have a chance to help?
Johnwh   
Sat Mar 06 2021, 03:01pm
Member No: #4581
On my car I have just completed an injector clean and am running some Flashlube through the fuel.
The engine seems pretty good on a slow descent of revs.
I was aware the car had spent a lot of it's recent life in Sydney traffic so have taken it for a few spirited runs and on each occasion it feels improved but the rough idle persists.
Still interested in how the mount changes effect your car.
Cheers John
Fraunie   
Sat Mar 06 2021, 03:35pm
Member No: #3763
"Premium Diesel" (Ultimate, Supreme, V-Power etc.) seems to help keeping the injectors clean...
Radox   
Sat Mar 06 2021, 10:37pm
Johnwh wrote ...

On my car I have just completed an injector clean and am running some Flashlube through the fuel.
The engine seems pretty good on a slow descent of revs.
I was aware the car had spent a lot of it's recent life in Sydney traffic so have taken it for a few spirited runs and on each occasion it feels improved but the rough idle persists.
Still interested in how the mount changes effect your car.
Cheers John

I will post the results here once I change them. I don't have a rough idle, but rather increasing vibrations when engine load increases. That's why I think it has to do with worn and old engine mounts.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club