C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Does anyone know car GJ59 UZC

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
jamescarruthers   
Thu Jan 28 2021, 06:32pm
Member No: #1548
I think another C6 is on the cards as I don’t love the Avantime like I did the C6.

It is a very silly reason to be focusing on one car but I REALLY like the green one currently at Oak Garage here on eBay - Click Here -

Does anyone know any history of GJ59 UZC?
cruiserphil   
Fri Jan 29 2021, 10:19am

Member No: #38
Hello Jamescarruthers,

Welcome back!! The colour seems similar to an XM I had.

Best of luck with your decision.

Best regards,

Phil C.
jamescarruthers   
Fri Jan 29 2021, 10:47am
Cheers Phil. Work is going to be mental for a few weeks. If the garage could do a swap this weekend I’d be up for it. If not, I suspect I will miss out on this green beauty.
jamescarruthers   
Fri Jan 29 2021, 10:07pm
Going to look tomorrow, weather permitting.
jamescarruthers   
Sat Jan 30 2021, 06:17pm
Oh dear. I went to see this car as it was in a rare colour I wanted. I thought I might have to be quick to secure it. I might be out of touch with C6 prices after having been away for a few years but I thought it would have been near perfect at £6995 from a garage who always sells C6’s. Nice guy though!

• the heater flaps have died (temp not really controllable and different left/right);
  • three jacking points bent over which really put me off in case corrosion has started where creased;
  • wheel bearing(s) noisy;
  • it went to “high” suspension but I could not select “down” with the button;
  • “tyre pressures not monitored” message on screen;
  • driver’s door key hole cover missing;
  • driver’s door mirror dark (stuck in photochromic mode?);
  • passenger sun visor mirror cover detached.
  • not convinced high beam was working. I could be wrong on this though. I gave up at this point!

It has had its two turbos refurbished, which is good, I guess

I didn’t bother to make an offer but maybe it would be worth about half the advertised figure then a few grand spent straight sway at B&L? What do you guys think? Bent jacking points really worries me though... tyre fitting clowns should be sued out of business when they do this careless [%*^#@!].

It did look stunning and has me back to wanting a C6 again so it wasn’t a completely wasted trip.

Also, I saw a silver C6 on the M6 on the way up. Hello if that was anyone on here! I was in the Avantime with yellow lights waving, flashing lights and beeping at you!

MGmike   
Sat Jan 30 2021, 07:17pm
Member No: #3151
crumb's you give up easily

Price is subjective and if it's a keeper it doesn't really matter! Keep for it 6 years and it's only 1k per year less whatever it's worth then. Which ever way you look at it, it's cheap motoring compared to a PCP

Ok, the suspension not responding to the button is a bit concerning. Headlights would be my biggest worry and jacking points, heater flaps are a bit of a [%*^#@!] but fixable. Everything else is easily doable with a bit of creativity and parts from a breaker.

If you want a rare colour you've got to take what you can get or wait a looooong time!

Go back, negotiate hard... leave your best price on the table and walk away. Don't fall in love with the car as you'll be disappointed if you miss out.

I would say top price is around £4.5k just because it's Green and you defo don't see them everyday.

BTW, it's easy for me to say as I've still got a few bits from a one I broke and do all my own work

Tjensen   
Sat Jan 30 2021, 08:13pm
Member No: #954
Jacking points may easily be flattened without rust being involved. Sloppy jacking, especially by the tyre people. I have 2 flat points and no rust. Irritating.
Hattershaun   
Sun Jan 31 2021, 11:07am
Member No: #320
James, I have a properly sorted C6 for sale that may interest you.

2008 2.7HDi Exclusive with 83,000 miles. Silver with black leather.

Robert at B.L.Autos has recently gone through the whole car and carried out a long list of routine & preventative maintenance work, plus other 'perfectionist' stuff like a set of new suspension spheres, refurbished wheels & a new wing mirror as the glass had darkened on one!
Ask Robert, but I'm quite fussy with my cars, making sure everything works correctly & it drives as well as it can compared to new.
New MOT passed with no advisories earlier this month.
I'll send you more details & pictures if you wish. I'm close to Cambridge too.
superbees   
Sun Aug 27 2023, 09:28pm
Hi

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club