Location of the EGR butterfly unit? C6 2.2

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CitroSuède   
Fri Jan 15 2021, 09:24pm
Member No: #1582
Hi again...
After changing the EGR valve assembly i still have error codes, but not regarding the EGR valve, but the EGR butterfly.
But where is it? On the inlet manifold?

/Citrosuéde

arconell3   
Fri Jan 15 2021, 11:54pm
Member No: #922
If you are referring to the air inlet valve, which is indeed a butterfly type of valve, it is the part attached to the intake manifold, squeezed in between the engine block and radiator.

Again, it is much better to always give the fault code, i.e. the PXXXX, because then nobody needs a translation.

Regards, Robert

Website
CitroSuède   
Sat Jan 16 2021, 11:12am
Since lexia doesn't say EGR valve but EGR butterfly (or maybe throttle is more correct) I was wondering if I've been focusing on the wrong part.
And these codes you're referring to, can I see them with the lexia tool? I thought lexia only gave text messages?
Regards /C
CitroSuède   
Sat Jan 16 2021, 12:21pm
Well now I've found those Pxxxx ones in the lexia tool....
The one that's not possible to erase is P2100, motorized throttle control, but my swedish Lexia says "egr throttle ". This must be the one in the intake manifold?

/Citrosuéde
arconell3   
Sat Jan 16 2021, 08:21pm
Member No: #922
Yes, that's the one. Check the plug and the wiring on damage, bent pins etc., if the pins don't look shining copper colour, use a contact spray to clean them.

Good luck!
Robert
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club