Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.2 HDi, limp mode after a EGR valve change, resetting with Lexia or any other thoughts ?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
CitroSuède   
Wed Jan 13 2021, 10:55am
Member No: #1582
Hi
Just changed the egr valve to a new Pierburg part, most of the error codes where possible to delete except for one saying “shortcut between cables” . The car drove normal for some days even if the yellow “engine light” was still on. Today it suddenly totally lacked power.
Is there any resetting you need to do after changing the egr? I have the common lexia3 but haven’t done this before.

I now have a 9 HP 2CV that looks like a C6...
arconell3   
Wed Jan 13 2021, 11:52am
Member No: #922
Hi Citrosuède,
There are a few things you may want to check. For starters, a new EGR should be registered in Lexia, so that the BSI knows there is a new EGR, which will subsequently be initialized by the system. Otherwise the BSI may think there is no EGR in place.
Secondly, the short circuit message needs to be sorted out. Without more info, i.e. the exact fault code (probably a P code like PXXXX) and in which Lexia chapter it shows up, it is impossible to interpret the proper meaning of the fault message or the location of a possible short circuit. The fault code and the exact text message it generates would be helpful. It may or may not have anything to do with the car going into limp mode.

Regards, Robert
Website
CitroSuède   
Wed Jan 13 2021, 12:14pm
Thank a lot!
I’ll have a new diagnosis done this evening and I’ll see if I can translate my Swedish lexia codes to get it more comprehensible.
CitroSuède   
Wed Jan 13 2021, 05:33pm
So after some lexia-session I have ; (my pretty awkward translations from Swedish)
“Permanent fault signal from potentiometer for egr-butterfly location blocked during afterheating “ ( was able to delete that one)
“Permanent fault motormanouvered butterfly (EGR) shortcut between cables “ (can’t be deleted)

No limping mode on my way home today, car behaved fully normal.
Any thoughts?
arconell3   
Thu Jan 14 2021, 12:12am
Member No: #922
Frankly, that looks like the new EGR has not been electrically connected at all. Either the plug came off or you forgot to plug it in?

The EGR is a simple device, with an electric motor driving the valve and a potentiometer used as a feedback sensor for the valves' position.

Regards, Robert
Website
CitroSuède   
Thu Jan 14 2021, 08:17pm
Good evening
I'm sure the cables are all connected. The thing is that the error code "shortcut between cables" where there before I changed the EGR. But i absolutely have to go over the connections again.
I have probably been changing the EGR unnecessary...

Regards Citrosuéde

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club