C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Gear box problem, maybe not

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
SIGNALMANADRIAN   
Fri Dec 04 2020, 04:30pm
Member No: #1316
Hello i have C6 2.2 HDI Base a while ago i noticed that the gear changes were getting very rough the car has done 91,000 miles and the gear box was flushed at 70,000 miles. I also noticed that when the car started first time on the key the gearbox problems would occur but sometimes when i first turned the key nothing would happen but on the second go the engine would start and the car would run without fault. The car was sent to the Citroen dealer in Cardiff and after diagnostic was done it turned out to be a relay in the fuse box that that sometimes was producing the correct 12.6 volts but other times only produced 4 volts so was not activating the ECU and intern the gearbox. The relay was changed (not expensive)and few hundred miles later all seems well. The garage also picked up that the air bag ECU had failed this was £600.00 pound and was sent over from France. Total bill for the work including Service, relay and air bag ECU £1046.00. Hope this may be of interest to other owners.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club