Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 HDI Radiator repair

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
321dave   
Sat Jun 12 2021, 07:41am
Member No: #614
321dave wrote ...

Update. new radiator from Citroen is Ordonez.

Fraunie   
Tue Jun 15 2021, 06:01pm
Member No: #3763
I was changing the radiator today in my neighbors C6.
He bought a cheap one (against my advice) and it was leaking right away from the connection plastic/aluminium. Not funny...
The brand was "Ava Quality cooling" (wasn't it a laugh).
He now ordered the one from Citroen...
321dave   
Tue Jun 15 2021, 07:20pm
Fraunie wrote ...

I was changing the radiator today in my neighbors C6.
He bought a cheap one (against my advice) and it was leaking right away from the connection plastic/aluminium. Not funny...
The brand was "Ava Quality cooling" (wasn't it a laugh).
He now ordered the one from Citroen...

I know the feeling! I’ll report back how this Citroen one behaves.
Citrofix   
Fri Jun 18 2021, 10:09pm
Member No: #1722
Hello

Good to see that Citroën still deliver Ordonez, hopefully its good quality, and likewise sad to see that the others seem to be [%*^#@!]. I now have My third from International Radiators, or do I really?... Well, update on my C6; I changed both head gaskets, thorougly cleaned the inlet ports from carbon build up, changed brittle plastic tubing on the engine wire loom and wrapped it with new tape, feels good to do????. Coated the glow plugs and injectors with ceramic spray grease, got the heads machined to get a new good surface for the headgaskets, out with all the valves and new valve seals. The first testride was a pleasure, even more smooth and responsive until I suddenly saw the temperature rise again and coolant blowing in the reservoir... ahhh, was not happy then after all that work!. Found out that the radiator was not as warm as it should bee, so ordered a new Mahle/ Behr thermostat. Took out the one in the car and tested it with a heat air gun, it opened but did not know when - took it home and dropped it into boiling water - no reaction, it did not open. Put in the new one and everything fine ????????. Ok, learned a lesson there, but did not expect the thermostat to be bad so early, because I changed it 3 years/70.000km ago with a new original Citroen part (the well known plastic thermostat housing). So... even the original parts can fail way too early. I have had some bad experiences the last years with bad quality parts, whats really happening ?, part/product testing is not a hot theme at the moment ?

Regards, Christian, Norway
321dave   
Sat Jun 19 2021, 04:52pm
Citrofix wrote ...

Hello

Good to see that Citroën still deliver Ordonez, hopefully its good quality, and likewise sad to see that the others seem to be [%*^#@!]. I now have My third from International Radiators, or do I really?... Well, update on my C6; I changed both head gaskets, thorougly cleaned the inlet ports from carbon build up, changed brittle plastic tubing on the engine wire loom and wrapped it with new tape, feels good to do????. Coated the glow plugs and injectors with ceramic spray grease, got the heads machined to get a new good surface for the headgaskets, out with all the valves and new valve seals. The first testride was a pleasure, even more smooth and responsive until I suddenly saw the temperature rise again and coolant blowing in the reservoir... ahhh, was not happy then after all that work!. Found out that the radiator was not as warm as it should bee, so ordered a new Mahle/ Behr thermostat. Took out the one in the car and tested it with a heat air gun, it opened but did not know when - took it home and dropped it into boiling water - no reaction, it did not open. Put in the new one and everything fine ????????. Ok, learned a lesson there, but did not expect the thermostat to be bad so early, because I changed it 3 years/70.000km ago with a new original Citroen part (the well known plastic thermostat housing). So... even the original parts can fail way too early. I have had some bad experiences the last years with bad quality parts, whats really happening ?, part/product testing is not a hot theme at the moment ?

Regards, Christian, Norway

Hi Christian,
Sounds very good the work you have performed on the Engine. I am suspecting I might have a internal coolant leak or I have an issue with my injectors. I might come back and ask your advice if I need to go deeper with the repair.
Citrofix   
Mon Jun 21 2021, 11:30am
Member No: #1722
Hi Dave
Feel free to do so. I struggled getting one of the injectors out (rear towards the timing belt), ordered a special tool (made in England I think), and that was good help. Also one of the glow plugs were quite stuck, but with some creeping oil, low torque vibrating tool and patience, it finally came loose. 500km of pleasure in the C6 yesterday!, 0.72 L/10km overall without thinking economy, twisty roads up and downhill.

-Christian
321dave   
Mon Jun 21 2021, 02:52pm
Citrofix wrote ...

Hi Dave
Feel free to do so. I struggled getting one of the injectors out (rear towards the timing belt), ordered a special tool (made in England I think), and that was good help. Also one of the glow plugs were quite stuck, but with some creeping oil, low torque vibrating tool and patience, it finally came loose. 500km of pleasure in the C6 yesterday!, 0.72 L/10km overall without thinking economy, twisty roads up and downhill.

-Christian

Many thanks Christian. Appreciate that.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club