C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.7 HDI Radiator repair

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Fraunie   
Wed Feb 17 2021, 01:08pm
Member No: #3763
Do you have a link for the radiator from Valeo?
321dave   
Wed Feb 17 2021, 04:53pm
Member No: #614
Fraunie wrote ...

Do you have a link for the radiator from Valeo?

Simple answer. Not yet. They Aren’t available it seems at the moment. But I checked the auto onlin parts stores and they list 10 suppliers selling C6 radiators, except the valeo one! One of the suppliers is call Stark?!! I think someone is having a laugh with these radiators and the soft plastic they are made from.

My guess is if I order the Citroen Radiator it will most likely be a valeo.

Any one get a OEM Citroen Radiator yet?
TheGerman   
Wed Feb 17 2021, 08:39pm
Member No: #3175

This is the original cooler, manufacturer Ordonez

- Click Here -
Citrofix   
Tue Mar 09 2021, 10:43pm
Member No: #1722
Hi
Yes, as I mentioned before in this thread, Ordonez are making the original ones. However it will be interesting to see if you really get Ordonez now if you buy a new original, so many years after end of production of the car...

Sadly, after these shitty aftermarket rads (NRF and Nissens), I have got a bad head gasket. With the last rad I was a bit unlucky, lost too much water at top of radiator, and the temperature got a bit high. I have a new International Radiators rad now ( the third one), but it also looks just like the former two ones (NRF, Nissens). No stamped mark in the plastic or alu, just a sticker saying it is from International Radiators. I dont thrust on that...

Since the car is very well cared for and maintained/repaired by me, I have full control of the things done, but it is really frustrating that bad aftermarket parts can ruin the engine like this. The plan now is to raise the car on the workshop lift beside my lovely SM IE and soon start the surgery. The plan was doing some electrical upgrades on my Maserati Biturbo, but now that will have to wait.

So the message is, be beware of those aftermarket rads!!!. I think I will ask a radiator builder guy to make the top of the rad completely out of alu if also this one is [%*^#@!].

Regards Christian R, Norway
Fraunie   
Wed Mar 10 2021, 08:38am
Member No: #3763
Thank you for sharing your experience with bad radiators!

Should it happen to me I would try to order one from Citroen (if available) instead of three shitty after-market parts... Or contact a cooler-repair company.
321dave   
Wed Mar 10 2021, 08:47am
Citrofix wrote ...

Hi
Yes, as I mentioned before in this thread, Ordonez are making the original ones. However it will be interesting to see if you really get Ordonez now if you buy a new original, so many years after end of production of the car...

Sadly, after these shitty aftermarket rads (NRF and Nissens), I have got a bad head gasket. With the last rad I was a bit unlucky, lost too much water at top of radiator, and the temperature got a bit high. I have a new International Radiators rad now ( the third one), but it also looks just like the former two ones (NRF, Nissens). No stamped mark in the plastic or alu, just a sticker saying it is from International Radiators. I dont thrust on that...

Since the car is very well cared for and maintained/repaired by me, I have full control of the things done, but it is really frustrating that bad aftermarket parts can ruin the engine like this. The plan now is to raise the car on the workshop lift beside my lovely SM IE and soon start the surgery. The plan was doing some electrical upgrades on my Maserati Biturbo, but now that will have to wait.

So the message is, be beware of those aftermarket rads!!!. I think I will ask a radiator builder guy to make the top of the rad completely out of alu if also this one is [%*^#@!].

Regards Christian R, Norway

Morning Christian,
If you need to in the end and can get one made to the proper spec I think a few people would be interested in buying one.

Can you let the forum know how you get on? I will need a new rad myself soon and I also have a suppect head problem since lock down now! Sad

Has any one seen the you tube french site “Garage, Bagnoles et Rock’n Roll“ I believe Francois buys a auctioned C6 and trailers it home with head problems and many other common issues. He rebuilds the heads etc and finally after 1 yr gets the car certified again for the road.

Tjensen   
Wed Mar 10 2021, 11:11am
Member No: #954
No radiator problems here, but: Are lousy quality and bad design in the cooling system a Citroen/C6 specialty? Other manufacturers? Other cars with the same engine (Jaguar, Land Rover, Peugeot)? I remember how impressed I was looking into the cooling system of the DS 23 and the CX Turbo 1(but the last one really needed a complicated and robust system)
321dave   
Sat May 01 2021, 07:38pm
Tjensen wrote ...

No radiator problems here, but: Are lousy quality and bad design in the cooling system a Citroen/C6 specialty? Other manufacturers? Other cars with the same engine (Jaguar, Land Rover, Peugeot)? I remember how impressed I was looking into the cooling system of the DS 23 and the CX Turbo 1(but the last one really needed a complicated and robust system)

Thought I’d put a photo if possible to show the very poor quality of these aftermarket Rads. Just be careful buying some of these aftermarket Citroen parts at the moment. I think the situation under Peugeot must be the worst its every been and some times i think it would of been better to let this great brand alone and go quietly. Let’s just say I’m not a fan of the current crop of cars coming out.

Citrofix   
Wed May 05 2021, 08:53pm
Member No: #1722
I agree with your thoughts, after the last "voyage" of the fantastic hydropneumatic suspension in 2017, I feel the magic is gone and the design I like too... I keep hoping, but buying a new PSA product today, I think a Peugeot 508 would have been my choice...

My C6 is now undergoing surgery - top gaskets change. I struggled for some time getting a injector loose, but a injector special tool did good work getting it out. I am on my third new aftermarket radiator (International radiators) and when it starts to trouble I will let you know what I do. Machined the head surfaces yesterday, so now its repeat in reverse order

Regards, Christian
321dave   
Thu May 06 2021, 04:06pm
Hi Christian,
I will need to remove my no 1 injector as well. Not sure how easy it will be to remove and replace but i might look towards getting a tool to do it as well.

I think a 25mm or 26 open socket fits the top part of the injector and I’ve seen videos of people wigglying them back and forward to remove a particularly seased one. I’d be interested in a few pictures and any advice when you do yours.

Thanks Christian.

I’m on my 2nd rad myself. Do you think the engines might be over pressurising and blowing the Rads?
I guess if the crankcase vents were blocked that might happen as well.
cruiserphil   
Fri May 07 2021, 09:12am

Member No: #38
Hello 321Dave,

A forum member referenced this tool: - Click Here -

Best regards,

Phil C.
cruiserphil   
Fri May 07 2021, 09:14am

Member No: #38
Hello 321Dave,

I have been running the cars on G12+ coolant for many years and have very little issue with cooling components. Is the G33 too hard on the system??

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Fri May 07 2021, 06:44pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello 321Dave,

I have been running the cars on G12+ coolant for many years and have very little issue with cooling components. Is the G33 too hard on the system??

Best regards,

Phil C.

Thanks Phil for the link for the injector extractor kit.

I’m not sure about the difference in the coolant to be honest but I’ve had my fair share of trouble over the past few years trying to shore up the coolant system, I’m kinda losing the battle of late unfortunately. Must try some G12 in the new rad installation soon.

321dave   
Tue May 25 2021, 01:16pm
Just to update the forum. Got Citroen dealer prices this morning for a new OEM radiator.

€453+vat New
€240+vat (old radiator in exchange)

Went for exchange radiator this time.
So it will be double the price of the cheaper ones.

Only time will tell if they are better quality!
321dave   
Sat Jun 12 2021, 07:28am
Update. new radiator from Citroen is Ordonez.

Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club