C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

High Pressure Diesel Pump and Injector Replacements

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Kiwiman   
Wed Nov 25 2020, 05:01am
Member No: #164
Sadly, my C6 is in the garage and will not start. My mechanic tells me that one of the injectors is leaking and the diesel fuel filter has lots of metal shavings in it, meaning that the HP pump may be compromised and need replacing.

Has anyone had a similar issue and/or replaced these parts?

If so, is it possible to replace parts with non-original Citroen?

Kiwiman
cit-rotti   
Wed Nov 25 2020, 06:05pm
Member No: #3753
...that is not good news.
If the high-pressure pump really generates chips, then not only the pump and the injectors have to be replaced, but the entire rail system with all lines
Also the tank and all forward and reverse lines.
At least these parts must all be absolutely clean again.
MGmike   
Wed Nov 25 2020, 08:19pm
Member No: #3151
I smell something funny!
The filter (if in stalled correctly) is there to stop any of that junk getting to the HP side. A lift pump is very tolerant of contaminated fuel and a filter housing will always have some [%*^#@!] in it (on the dirty side). A single injector fault will not stop it starting but will effect it's running performance.

The garage need to confirm the fuel pressure on the high side is adequate (which I suspect it will be if there are no error codes) and work from there.

If the engine cranks adequately there are actually very few things that would prevent a start or at least a start attempt...

Have you got anymore details on what happened when?
Kiwiman   
Wed Nov 25 2020, 09:16pm
Member No: #164
Well, quick answer, car lost significant power on motorway a couple of weeks ago with 'faulty depollution notice' and 'cruise control' not working. Put on transporter back to garage. Upon arrival car won't start and garage not getting any specific helpful error codes.

Garage has had diesel experts have a look but still no clear conclusion.

As above fuel filter has fillings in it.

KM

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club