Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

The subtle details thread

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BruceB   
Thu Sep 08 2011, 08:49am
Member No: #234
If you're going to de-badge at all - and it seems to me a slightly 'precious' and obsessive thing to do - why not go the whole hog and remove the chevrons from the back? That way, you would be left with only the discreetly equivocal chevrons incorporated into the radiator grille. The resulting anonymity really WOULD be deeply confident and stylish.

Of course, you could go even further and de-chrome and repaint the grille.
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 08 2011, 08:54am

Member No: #1
BruceB wrote ...

If you're going to de-badge at all - and it seems to me a slightly 'precious' and obsessive thing to do - why not go the whole hog and remove the chevrons from the back?

Unfortunately that isn't so easy as they have locating pins on the back. Removing them means filling holes and repainting the boot lid.

The other badges are simply secured with double sided tape.

Front ones are the same, pinned, but some C4owners have painted them/vinyl wrapped them. However for me that is OTT.
Website
magicands   
Tue Oct 23 2012, 03:06pm
Member No: #1021
Ped wrote ...

I like the rear blind. Not sure why more manufacturers don't install them, but I had one in my Xantia and they seem to be a Citroen mainstay. I pretty much always leave mine up as it doesn't reduce rear visibility at all.

My Vauxhall Omega had an electric rear blind all you had to do was push the button on the fascia, something that Citroen should consider.
Website
Ped   
Tue Oct 23 2012, 05:00pm
Member No: #82
magicands wrote ...

Ped wrote ...

I like the rear blind. Not sure why more manufacturers don't install them, but I had one in my Xantia and they seem to be a Citroen mainstay. I pretty much always leave mine up as it doesn't reduce rear visibility at all.

My Vauxhall Omega had an electric rear blind all you had to do was push the button on the fascia, something that Citroen should consider.

Aha yeah with the arms that cross over? Yep, good idea. I remember seeing one in a Merc of some sort I think, but it was rattly and horrible.
michaelb   
Tue Oct 23 2012, 06:11pm
Member No: #14
Ped wrote ...

Aha yeah with the arms that cross over? Yep, good idea. I remember seeing one in a Merc of some sort I think, but it was rattly and horrible.

Cheap German stuff, what do they know? Maserati now, they've got it sorted.

The only problem is they put a second switch within reach of my four-year-old in the back and forgot to put an over-ride on it for the driver. Up and down, up and down, up and down. Thankfully it doesn't rattle.

magicands   
Wed Oct 24 2012, 05:23pm
Member No: #1021
michaelb wrote ...

Ped wrote ...

The only problem is they put a second switch within reach of my four-year-old in the back and forgot to put an over-ride on it for the driver. Up and down, up and down, up and down. Thankfully it doesn't rattle.

My Omega blind was very smoothe and quiet, little clunk at the end of the drop down when it seated, that's all.
Website
Ped   
Wed Oct 24 2012, 05:36pm
Member No: #82
michaelb wrote ...

Ped wrote ...

That's why I wanted to sit in the back!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club