Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

The subtle details thread

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Thu Nov 04 2010, 02:38pm
Member No: #21
Jim, dark setting is great, especially on long dark Scottish roads far from towns (think A90). Reduction of visual distraction and preserving night vision must be a significant safety advantage. But why is it not possible to dim the dashboard speedo numerals. Way too bright for me even on minimum setting. Does anyone have a "fix" for this?

Regards
G
David Hallworth   
Thu Nov 04 2010, 10:00pm

Member No: #90
gmerry wrote ...

Jim, dark setting is great, especially on long dark Scottish roads far from towns (think A90). Reduction of visual distraction and preserving night vision must be a significant safety advantage. But why is it not possible to dim the dashboard speedo numerals. Way too bright for me even on minimum setting. Does anyone have a "fix" for this?

Regards
G

The brightness controls on the right hand side of the sat nav screen (on the Exclusive anyway) dim the screen and the dashboard. If it's in dark more and you press that then it'll dim the dials for you.

David.
Chevrons   
Sat Nov 06 2010, 01:06am
Member No: #85

Directional Headlamps: By no means a new idea, but so reliably implemented now, it's a joy to drive at night. Reminiscent of the first time I rode in a 70s DS Safari at night - I was in awe of the logic of such a system.

Suspension: I know, I know, the qualification here is 'don't mention the suspension', however, parking conspicuously with the suspension 'down' looks so cool and long and impractically low.
gmerry   
Mon Nov 08 2010, 04:48pm
Member No: #21
Hi David, yes I have tried dimming the speed numerals (in dark mode) with the Navidrive brightness button but I find when driving in dark countryside (not a city issue) that minimum setting is still too bright and ruins the night vision. I even thought of putting a bit of smokey perpex over it.

Regards
G
Ocellia   
Sun Sep 04 2011, 08:38pm
Member No: #583
My Lexus dims automatically at night (or in tunnels!).
I used to love the DSs directional lights on twisty Welsh roads at night!
I like the C6 Cream interior.
Trainman   
Sun Sep 04 2011, 08:46pm

Member No: #86
Somethng I only noticed this weekend was the distinct lack of badges......

I was looking a quite few other citroen and the badges on them, Citroen Xantia HDi Exclusive, Citroen XM Exclusive, are two examples of what is on the tailgate, then there are the badges on the doors, and what do we have Citroen C6 and it doesn't matter which C6 it's exactly the same.
Rileycat   
Tue Sep 06 2011, 07:51pm
Member No: #69
Interestingly there was an iron grey 2007 C6 for sale in a second hand dealer's lot near me recently, which had a badge reading 'exclusive' in thickish chrome letters near the base of each of the two front doors. I've never seen that on any other C6, in the flesh or advertised. It also had chrome door handles, which do look quite nice I think. C6 Dave can maybe tell us how he came to have such handles on his C6.
Regards
Rileycat
Trainman   
Tue Sep 06 2011, 07:53pm

Member No: #86
You can get them on fleabay from HK
ciao_chao   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 03:19am
Member No: #518
Trainman wrote ...

Somethng I only noticed this weekend was the distinct lack of badges......

I was looking a quite few other citroen and the badges on them, Citroen Xantia HDi Exclusive, Citroen XM Exclusive, are two examples of what is on the tailgate, then there are the badges on the doors, and what do we have Citroen C6 and it doesn't matter which C6 it's exactly the same.

I think they went for the Deco approach in the styling of the car. This meant that unnecessary fripperies such as the badges were all discarded for a cleaner line.

Rileycat wrote ...

Interestingly there was an iron grey 2007 C6 for sale in a second hand dealer's lot near me recently, which had a badge reading 'exclusive' in thickish chrome letters near the base of each of the two front doors. I've never seen that on any other C6, in the flesh or advertised. It also had chrome door handles, which do look quite nice I think. C6 Dave can maybe tell us how he came to have such handles on his C6.
Regards
Rileycat

Which brings me onto the point, chrome trim on the handles may be quite interesting.
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 05:56am

Member No: #1
Chrome door handles are simply 'covers' that are attached over the originals. As my car is Grey it looked a bit 'plain' from a side view so decided to add the covers (had the same on my C4)

Mine came from Germany and are high quality, chrome plated stainless steel ones. You may find others available that are basically chromed 'plastic', which in my experience just doesn't last as the chrome covering can flake off.
Website
drummond   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 06:44am
Member No: #238
My DS does not have a single badge anywhere, except for the chevrons centrally on the rear. It was thought that, as it was a DS, that would do.

Actually the Traction is the same....

The C6 is nearly as good, but only nearly; compare it with any Japanese car or any Ford!
Ped   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 06:47am
Member No: #82
Has anyone de-badged theirs? People would have no idea what is was, then (except from the front)

It would look pretty good with just the chevrons on the back.
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 12:33pm

Member No: #1
I have contemplated doing it, and may yet
Website
Ped   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 04:41pm
Member No: #82
Something like this:

Do it and let us know how it goes. What's the procedure?

ciao_chao   
Wed Sep 07 2011, 04:58pm
Member No: #518
You know I've never really got the whole point of debadging...unless of course you were the owner of say a BMW 520d with the M-sport pack, or a Merc S320 CDI and obviously wanted to hide the fact that it was either a company car or you were a little less well off than you were. As far as I can see, that doesn't apply for a C6 and frankly I don't think it'll make hide nor hare difference whether it was debadged or not.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club