C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear number plate plastic surround removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Marcy   
Sat Oct 31 2020, 04:32pm
Member No: #4417
Could anybody point me in the right direction for correct removal of this plastic piece?

I've removed the lower four torx screws but I'm scared of tugging to hard incase I break it

I'm trying to fix a boot water leak and it appears to be the boot spoiler seal, whilst tinkering I noticed the plastic plate is looser than it should be, and I guess it probably has been removed in the past
Trainman   
Sat Oct 31 2020, 09:49pm

Member No: #86
have a look at this - Click Here -
cruiserphil   
Sun Nov 01 2020, 11:54am

Member No: #38
Hello C6 Marcy,

Well what a coincidence! I have the panel off today to fit Smorphet's designed mounting points!

Best regards,

Phil C.
kitch   
Tue Dec 01 2020, 01:37pm
Member No: #4485
It's a right [%*^#@!] to remove; there are two fat sprung clips that grip the bootlid behind the numberplate. As far as I can tell, you just have to pull it outward from the bottom to release them, but I winced as I did it.
The top end of the trim locates with some upward pointing pegs, so you have to pull it out from underneath, free off the sprung clips and them withdraw the trim from the bottom, otherwise you'll snap off the upper pegs.

I removed mine recently to repair the broken fixings along the bottom. No more rattly bootlid!
C6Marcy   
Tue Dec 01 2020, 02:50pm
Thank you for your advice, it does come off relatively easily but requires more force than you think it should

I'd be careful about removing it in these cold temperatures as the plastic won't flex very much
kitch   
Tue Dec 01 2020, 03:25pm
Member No: #4485
C6Marcy wrote ...

Thank you for your advice, it does come off relatively easily but requires more force than you think it should

I'd be careful about removing it in these cold temperatures as the plastic won't flex very much

Hang on - are you he chap I bought the gearbox from? Silver car down Bournemouth way?
C6Marcy   
Tue Dec 01 2020, 05:12pm
kitch wrote ...

C6Marcy wrote ...

Hang on - are you he chap I bought the gearbox from? Silver car down Bournemouth way?

Yes I am, hope all is well with project C6

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club