C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6 Parts Market

Oak Jacking Blocks

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
MikeH   
Wed Oct 28 2020, 06:28pm
Member No: #1555
Having owned many, many Citroens, it always annoyed me the way the jacking points so easily folded after careless use of a trolley jack at tyre distributors. A few years ago, I fabricated 4 oak blocks, potentially to support the car at each jacking point and used two of them for many under-car excursions. The profile of the block cut-out allows the plastic shrouding along the sill to retain its shape whilst the weight of the car is taken by the block. They locked into place and I then simply used a trolley jack to lift the car up ... worked a treat. I sold the car a couple of years ago and gave one of the blocks to the new owner but kept the other three in case I bought another C6. I never did. I'm cleaning out my garage and wondered if anyone in the club would like them. The big block is approx 80 x 80 x 100 mm and the smaller blocks are approx 50 x 80 x 90 mm, all cut from a single large piece of good oak. They took a lot of effort to design and make so I'd be happy to accept a tenner each plus postage.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club