Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
JamesA   
Thu Oct 01 2020, 05:38am
Member No: #4467
Appreciate any insights....
low is beam fine.
Dash light works on attempt to raise beam (blue indicator) but no change, so the ‘flaps’ are not activating.
One of the headlight units is quite new (prev owner replaced after corner hit), the other original.

I can’t find anything on the forum that would relate to both sides.
I know I need to get the bumper off, I’m hoping to have a bit more of a plan before I start that process - can anyone help with how to test or recognise issues with the actuators, or, hopefully there might be something electrical that would affect both, as I think its unlikely they have both ‘blown’. Shared fuse can’t be it....

J
sotweedfactor   
Thu Oct 01 2020, 01:05pm
Member No: #2185
I have a vague memory (from when I had the headlamps out of my car) that there is a master/slave relationship of some sort between the two headlamps. May be a line of enquiry...
JamesA   
Fri Oct 02 2020, 12:34pm
Member No: #4467
sotweedfactor wrote ...

I have a vague memory (from when I had the headlamps out of my car) that there is a master/slave relationship of some sort between the two headlamps. May be a line of enquiry...

Thanks, i’ll keep that in mind, would not have thought to test for slavery;)
sotweedfactor   
Sat Oct 03 2020, 04:02pm
Member No: #2185
The ECU/ballast is a different partno between the LH and RH lamps. Also, the LH lamp has more pins on its external connector than the RH one.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club