Electric Window Broken

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Cammmy   
Tue Jul 07 2020, 01:29pm
Member No: #4291
Hi All

My front passenger window will not go up or down, either when using the switch or when opening the door. If you use the switch, you can here a relay click but the window doesn't move.

Is this a common fault? Is there any point in particular I should start my investigation?
MGmike   
Tue Jul 07 2020, 06:12pm
Member No: #3151
It has been mentioned to me in the past that there is a common fault in the door motor unit. I can supply one from a spares car if you need it. Beer tokens will be required!
Cammmy   
Wed Jul 08 2020, 09:08am
Oh nice one! That would be great. I'll send you a message.

Ta
sotweedfactor   
Sun Jul 12 2020, 09:00am
Member No: #2185
Same issue on my car. Taking the door to bits achieved nothing in my case. But disconnecting and reconnecting the cable between the door and the A-pillar did. Disconnect; blast with contact cleaner; reconnect... then repeat process several times to be sure.

It would seem that signal wire connection was intact - hence the audible activating click. But the main power supply wire to the motor had gone high-resistance.

nb. to separate the connector, the light-grey collar needs to be prised upwards by about 1cm. Something like a cranked large-flat-blade screwdriver under the top tab should do the trick.
Cammmy   
Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:20am
Nice one! I'll try that

Ta
JamesA   
Thu Oct 01 2020, 05:24am
Member No: #4467
Hi guys - especially sotweedfactor!
I had the same problem, Relay click and all, and was stuck with an open window.
I removed, cleaned and replaced the door cabling socket, which made it worse 2 times (window lowered 1cm on reconnection), and then finally worked after 3 or 4 cycles. Thank you!
Tip - replacing the plug was very tricky as the grey clip had sunk a little, and needs to be fully up on presentation of the plug, then pushing the grey clip down is what pulls the plug snugly up to the socket. That was a frustrating 20 minutes....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club