C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

2.2HDi just stops - then restarts and runs OK after a few minutes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
chrisisbd   
Fri Sep 04 2020, 08:30am
Member No: #2258
Our 2010 2.2Hdi C6 has taken to just stopping (i.e. the engine just stops) a few minutes after driving off in the morning. It goes maybe a couple of hundred yards before stopping. After ten minutes or so it will restart and then runs OK for the rest of the day.

It's done this three times now, no clue on the display.

Any ideas what might be wrong?
cit-rotti   
Fri Sep 04 2020, 08:41am
Member No: #3753
Maybe the diesel filter is no longer OK.
The 2.2HDI engine is very sensitive to the diesel filter. The exchange interval was reduced by PSA from 60000KM to 30000KM.
It is better to change it once a year or every 15000KM.
Greetings Wolfgang
Norman   
Sat Sep 05 2020, 09:46am
Member No: #364
The same used to happen to mine and it turned out to be the fuel filter and a partially blocked fuel line, sorting that out and not been a problem since..

Norman
Dan595   
Tue Sep 08 2020, 10:15am
Member No: #299
Mine does this (although always restarts immediately). Checked all the obvious things and replaced the fuel filter and the crank sensor. Still does it, but very rarely - once a month if that. Never shows a fault in the fault log. I'm on 238K miles. Some have suggested EGR valve at fault (never changed from new).
JohnB   
Wed Sep 09 2020, 10:16am
Member No: #1968
Hi
I had a similar, although not exactly the same, problem with my 2.2hdi. The engine would cut out, usually during a long journey, with no error code. I’d also noticed it was taking a fraction of a second longer to start, whether hot or cold. I took it to BL Autos, who found an intermittent problem with the throttle. I’ve now driven about 10k miles on a new throttle and it’s been perfect on both issues. All credit to Robert at BL Autos as I don’t think anyone else would have found that issue until it had completely failed.
Regards
John
chrisisbd   
Sat Nov 07 2020, 03:10pm
Member No: #2258
Thanks all, the filter and pump have been replaced and that seems to have fixed our problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club