Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Main beams, CC/limiter, A/C....

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JamesA   
Sat Aug 29 2020, 03:48am
Member No: #4467
My first C6, in Australia, so a rare bird. 170K 2.7 from 2006. Couple of early discoveries I can’t find ideas on elsewhere in the forum.

Main beams don’t work, I know prev owner replaced one actuator recently (He was told it was ‘melted’ by dealer) and they both briefly worked after that. Low beam fine. Looks like it’s hard to get to, so I’m wondering if there’s a process of elimination before pulling the front off;). Doesnt seem to be a dedicated fuse, no reference to the electromagnet actuators in diagrams I can find.

The cruise and limiter don’t work, and there’s a yellow engine sillhouette Warning light on. Apparently after each service it works briefly, then this light (?depollution alert?) comes on and CC cuts out. I get depollution message on screen at startup, and occasionally during driving. I have not yet given it a long high speed run, otherwise wondering about sensors that may be out, but puzzled as to this knocking out Cruise Control.

And my AC is feeble, (with another season of fires due in Sydney!) Is there any advice regarding it before I re-gas on a guess? It is working, a bit hissy, but not very effective, small amount of fan noise above what I’d expect in a new one.

I think everything else is working.

Otherwise, I love it. To do list includes One top front suspension bush split, one (hopefuly one) decent oil leak to chase down, one happy driver sailing down the roadway....

Any advice appreciated very much - this forum makes it feel like I’ve joined an international family.
James
bigbruggsy   
Sat Aug 29 2020, 06:40am
Member No: #3483
Hi James. I'm a fellow Auzzie, but living in France now (also a C6 owner) I was never able to find a C6 in my budget in australia before we left 2 years ago. How to come to France to finally buy the car of my dreams. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your C6?
Eric   
Sat Aug 29 2020, 09:31am
Member No: #425
Hello James, When you get the engine warning light on do you also go into limp-home mode? I have had this a couple of times and the cruise control will not work if this is happening. Just a thought.... Cheers, Eric.
JamesA   
Sun Aug 30 2020, 02:29am
bigbruggsy wrote ...

Hi James. I'm a fellow Auzzie, but living in France now (also a C6 owner) I was never able to find a C6 in my budget in australia before we left 2 years ago. How to come to France to finally buy the car of my dreams. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your C6?

Quite a committment you made to the car changing continents! Can’t really give you a realistic number, the car is from a friend, and the money was not market, and muddled up with some work stuff. I envy your access to parts and expertise though...
JamesA   
Sun Aug 30 2020, 02:31am
Eric wrote ...

Hello James, When you get the engine warning light on do you also go into limp-home mode? I have had this a couple of times and the cruise control will not work if this is happening. Just a thought.... Cheers, Eric.

Eric, I don’t get limp home, and the light has been on whole time I’ve had the car (only a few days) but previous owner has said it is rarely off, only a few days/weeks after each service. Dealer seemed to be out of options on replacing stuff, or maybe he was sick of paying for it.
MGmike   
Sun Aug 30 2020, 06:36am
Member No: #3151
JamesA wrote ...

Eric wrote ...

Eric, I don’t get limp home, and the light has been on whole time I’ve had the car (only a few days) but previous owner has said it is rarely off, only a few days/weeks after each service. Dealer seemed to be out of options on replacing stuff, or maybe he was sick of paying for it.

James, you need to get the codes read otherwise you are stumbling around in the dark. A depollution fault has many causes, some of which will prevent the CC from working.
Jas16   
Mon Aug 31 2020, 01:33pm
Member No: #2994
When I had brought my car, the reason for the faulty CC was a throttle body. New one fitted and all is well, as well as the steering movement.

Though agree with other comments that it is better to have decent software, Diagbox or Lexia to read codes.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club