C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear suspension struts

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Wed Aug 19 2020, 10:14am
Member No: #614
Hi, would anyone have the part codes handy for ordering new rear Amvar struts for a 2007 C6?
I didnt find any reference to them In the sites technical section. I found a parts list for the front struts.

Real pity the online Citroen catalogue is no longer available. Very handy reference for parts.

Thanks again if anyone has the codes needed.

321Dave
LightMatic   
Wed Aug 19 2020, 11:35am
Member No: #2097
Hi 321Dave,
I hope that it is this: 5272.A0 also there is a codes 5272.80 and 5272.94
I can upload photo just tell me how, I tryed but without results.

Regards
321dave   
Wed Aug 19 2020, 02:35pm
LightMatic wrote ...

Hi 321Dave,
I hope that it is this: 5272.A0 also there is a codes 5272.80 and 5272.94
I can upload photo just tell me how, I tryed but without results.

Regards

Many thanks Lightmatic. That’s similar to the reference I got 5272A0 For both the left and right rear strut with Amvar.

LightMatic   
Wed Aug 19 2020, 07:00pm
Member No: #2097
You welcome.
Regards
keithc   
Wed Aug 19 2020, 08:44pm
Member No: #2584
Hi Dave, if you are replacing a rear shock can you take photos etc. I have my C6 in storage at the moment and last time I went to take it for a spin a few weeks ago I was met with the view of it sitting it's rear on the ground. I have a leak at the rear driver's side and would like to know how the piping to the shock looks etc so I know what I've to look for when I next go back
321dave   
Thu Aug 20 2020, 03:00pm
keithc wrote ...

Hi Dave, if you are replacing a rear shock can you take photos etc. I have my C6 in storage at the moment and last time I went to take it for a spin a few weeks ago I was met with the view of it sitting it's rear on the ground. I have a leak at the rear driver's side and would like to know how the piping to the shock looks etc so I know what I've to look for when I next go back

Hi Keith,
that’s a pity, sorry to hear that. No problem, i will be doing a full overhaul of the rear in any case soon and will put up lots of pictures. My rear is now out of NCT spec and I’ve decide to overhauled the rear now.

The struts are now on order at £359 idir side and a 5-7day order from France. Getting the parts i need all from Eurocarcare. Very good to deal with. The hydraulic hoses for one side is similiar to the C5 and for some reason a good price I think at £149. The other side is pure C6 only and also very expensive unfortunately. I wanted the seals only as i have no leak yet, but they only come with new hoses!

So there we have it. Ill post photos as soon as start the work.

Kind regards
David
cruiserphil   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 08:57am

Member No: #38
Hello 321Dave,

Did it fail NCT for rear suspension?

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 10:32am
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello 321Dave,

Did it fail NCT for rear suspension?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Phil,
It did unfortunately. And again on the retest recently. It has a problem with the driver side rear shock. It’s not hard or anything i cant feel anything wrong with it, but on the nct test setup it has a failing value for the offside rear axle 48 left and 97mm right side and a 51% overall imbalance for the rear. Same result when i had it retested. Passed on all other tests fine.

Then Covid struck and I’m just now trying to get it nct ready for September if possible.

Any thoughts on it Phil?
I was thinking if one of the sensors was off, would it effect the strut being tested? But i have no sensor codes or issues relating to the rear suspension.
Hattershaun   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 11:32am
Member No: #320
Could be one of your rear spheres is well down on gas pressure, rather than anything being wrong with the strut.
cruiserphil   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 02:22pm

Hello 321 Dave,

I'd be with Hattershaun on the sphere pressure as the first area to check. Nobody here in Ireland appears to be sure what the Mm unit is on the NCT report sheet (like SEEM units Citroen used for timing belt tension). But if it helps, both our cars were in the 34 - 40 Mm range for rear suspension when last tested. Did you try the trick of driving slowly at an angle over a speed ramp to detect imbalance in the rear?

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Fri Aug 21 2020, 04:55pm
Hi Hattershaun,
many thanks. I was suspecting a sphere issue as well. I had bought 4 rear spheres and litres of new fluid to change them out and go for the retest, but then I thought ill go for a full rebuild of the rear suspension.
I have nearly all the parts stored, but its a lot of work.

I think I will most likely resphere the rear and try a retest very soon.

Phil,
I didn’t try that speed bump test? What would it achieve? A softer drop down from the speed bump?

Might give it a go. Can’t hurt.

kind regards
321Dave
cruiserphil   
Sat Aug 22 2020, 09:46am

Hello 321Dave,

I just found when you come over the ramp at an angle you can compare the reaction of each side as the car rocks and sense if one side is stiffer than the other.

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Sat Aug 22 2020, 06:31pm
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello 321Dave,

I just found when you come over the ramp at an angle you can compare the reaction of each side as the car rocks and sense if one side is stiffer than the other.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Thanks Phil, I’ll give it a go, and report back. Will most likely do the spheres and then a NCT retest and if it fails once again I’ll do the struts and a general overhaul of the rear.

Kind regards
321dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club