C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Seized Front Caliper

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
MF23   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 02:14pm
Member No: #4339
Hi, I recently purchased myself a C6 after seeing one for sale loving the shape and reading a bit about them - it is the 2.7 lignage 2008. Body work and interior are to be honest in excellent condition, but mechanically there are several warning lights i am working through.
Anyway yesterday the front left brake caliper seized and I am now looking for a replacement - so just wandered if anyone could provide any help in the best places to look. I also noticed after removing the wheel that one of the cables appears broken under the wheel arch and so far I cannot tell where/or what it goes or does.
Many Thanks Andrew.

cruiserphil   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 03:08pm

Member No: #38
Hello Andrew,

When you say your caliper is seized, is it the piston or the caliper spring loaded pins? If it's the pins, you can get a repair kit complete with new dust boots. The pins will seize if the little corrugated dust boots are split or missing.

The cable in the piccy is for the worn brake pad warning system. They invariably get broken. You can see the plug to the right of your hand with the earth connection.

Best regards,

Phil C.
MF23   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 03:23pm
It was a piston that was seized, I have managed to free it but unfortunately now broken the bleed valve.
MGmike   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 06:08pm
Member No: #3151
get new calipers from some one like Buycarparts.co.uk, europarts, eurocarcare etc. Or scrappy they're the same as late C5, 407 etc. I can supply a used one for beer tokens as well but to be fair I would just put two new ones on.
MF23   
Thu Aug 06 2020, 01:44pm
Have ordered new from Eurocarcare - nice easy process.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club