Adjusting suspension height

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
CorneSoutAfrica   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 02:39pm
Member No: #2836
Hello Everyone

Well in the lockdown I did some maintenance on my C6. Replaced front lower control arm bushes and zinc-plated a bunch of nuts, bolts and brackets. one of which was the height sensor brackets. Now my car is sitting a bit higher than it should at the front (looks like a typical CX now) which sorted the awful clunking noise which emits from the front suspension at times when you go through potholes.

I just had a look at the procedure and it seems doable but I am worries about the special tools to measure the wheel radiuses and exactly between which two points? I can't figure it out, can someone please help me in this regard? I have got the standard wheels on the car with the normal 245/45/18 tires. Can the radius be a standard measurement or does it differ between cars?

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards
Corne
cruiserphil   
Wed Aug 05 2020, 03:00pm

Member No: #38
Hello Corne,

The radius is measured from the centre of the wheel to the floor. If you have Roccastrada wheels remove the caps to find the axle centre. I would measure each one individually as it accounts for tyre wear and deflection of the tyre walls from the weight of the car. And Lexia/Diagbox takes each individual wheel radius input. Make sure your tyre pressures are correct. I used a measuring tape, but since then acquired a height gauge which makes it very handy.

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club