Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Coolant loss , behind radiator on the engine. What part is this?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bigbruggsy   
Thu Jul 16 2020, 12:28pm
Member No: #3483
Hello all. A few weeks back I had the upper thermostat housing hose burst and both radiator fans die (I think one had died awhile back though). After an expensive fix from the nearby Citroen garage, we limped home (they only had one radiator fan in stock). Now Ive replaced the other dead fan and after few minutes driving I have a constant coolant leak. I at first thought it was the upper thermostat housing again, but using an endioscope camera I can confirm this is not the case. The coolant loss is coming from a plastic type part that attached the part of the motor just behind the radiator. I've looked on the C6 cooling system diagram and I'm unable to determine which part it is. Maybe someone else can help?

Here's a link to a small video.
- Click Here -

I've tried to take a photo of the part too, but its hard to see. Its the plastic part marked with the blue arrow. Its dripping from the housing screw down onto the parts below.

bigbruggsy   
Thu Jul 16 2020, 02:03pm
Just a quick update, after looking again at the cooling system diagrams, i think the part that is leaking is the "front coolant / egr heat exchanger"? as its closer to the radiator than the lower thermostat housing. Does this sound plausible?
C6Dave   
Thu Jul 16 2020, 05:10pm

Member No: #1
It's usually 1336.Y2 that fails - Click Here - as per this post: - Click Here -
Website
bigbruggsy   
Thu Jul 16 2020, 08:31pm
Yes, I think youre right. I did some more investigation this evening, and I'm quite confident its part 1336.Y2 that has failed, so much so I ordered a new part. I was a bit confused earlier as I thought part 1336.Y2 was inline with the engine rather than coming perpendicular to it, and therefore coming closer to the radiator.

I'll see how I go over the next few days when I come to replace it. I notice that others have replaced this part without taking the bumper off. So I'll try that first.
cruiserphil   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 08:38am

Member No: #38
Hello Bigbruggsy,

Taking off the front bumper gives no advantage. All the work is in from the driver's side wheel arch. 1336.Y2 sits behind the alternator. Here's the forum tutorial - Click Here -

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club