Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Hydraulic pump blow 40A fuse in manual mode.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Nikolaj   
Wed Jul 15 2020, 08:25pm
Member No: #4047
Other posts on the fuse issue, doesn't seem to be my exact case, so here goes:

If I push the "up" button, pump runs 15-20 sek. and stop due to a blown fuse. (I know now) Down button works fine, just releasing pressure.

After replacing fuse and reconnecting the battery, the car will from ground to semi high level, pump running for more than a minute. It might have remembered that I pushed the button, normaly it just goes to normal drive level after reconnecting the battery.

So as long as I don't tuch the "up" button, the car go up when unlocking, and keeps ride level as normal, and everything is fine.

I does seem strange if the pump should draw more power when I push the "up" button, compared to when the car itself activate the pump.
cit-rotti   
Thu Jul 16 2020, 09:05am
Member No: #3753
Hello,
the pump requires approximately 33 A.
If the pump consumes more, there is usually a contamination error or a corresponding wear.
It is not necessary to replace the entire hydraulic control unit, only the pump can be dismantled and cleaned.
If the problem persists, only the pump needs to be replaced.
Citroen does not deliver this part individually - buy and install a suitable used pump - the pumps are basically the same for all hydraulic vehicles.
Nikolaj   
Fri Jul 17 2020, 10:25am
Thanks.
Yes I know that I just need the electric motor for the pump, and it's the same as on C5, so I'll just grab one from the junkyard, my colleague tried to order from Citroen, but gave up after a month, and grabbed one from th junkyard, and was glad so, as a new pump was 1500 Euro, if you could get one.

The reason I haven't bothered to fiddle with the pump motor so far, is of course, that it works perfectly as long as I'm just driving the car, but I have an oil change coming up and no lift, so now I need to raise the car.

If the fuse blew randomly, there was no doubt, that the pump motor was bad (dirty inside) but I can drive 6 months without blowing a fuse, unless I push the button.

I'll try to push the "up" button twice before the fuse blow, so when I reconnect the battery after replacing the fuse, it might remember and go all the way up, ready for oil change.
Doesn't really make sense, but these cars have their own mind, it seems.
cit-rotti   
Sat Jul 18 2020, 08:28am
Member No: #3753
Hello,
Before you replace the pump, you can try whether the same problem occurs with a 50A fuse.
Greetings Wolfgang
Nikolaj   
Tue Jul 21 2020, 11:49pm
Hmm. today I could use the "up" button without blowing the 40A fuse, and I've blown 3 fuses using the button in the last 2 months.
I have however changed the 50 bar front spheres, (right side sphere was bad) but I don't see how that should affect that.
Tjensen   
Wed Jul 22 2020, 07:26am
Member No: #954
Your pump is struggling, a blown sphere could mean even more work (more to pump and suspensiom chocks directly to valves and pump). Usual problam that the pump are drawing too much current when worn or other problems.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club