Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

RT4 user_com.dat C6 to C5 image after 8.31 (Resolved)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
LightMatic   
Fri Jun 26 2020, 04:06pm
Member No: #2097
Hello to all people,If this thread exist, I ask you to forgive me, because I didn't find it.

I wonder if there is some good soul to read original "user_com.dat" with RTXud from RT4 and post here, but only if it still has on display when starting the hydraulic suspension an image of C6 and not C5?

After update to 8.31 mine is change to C5, rest of things work properly.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Leo
Tjensen   
Fri Jun 26 2020, 06:35pm
Member No: #954
The same happened to me. BUT: it was not the change to 8.31, but the later change to the 8.31 included in box of new maps. This also has the nasty habit of setting a lot of C6 specialities to disabled. This must be reset with Lexia, but the C5 picture just stays. My garage has not been able to correct it (C6 RT5 2010)
LightMatic   
Fri Jun 26 2020, 07:14pm
Tjensen,
Thanks on fast answer.
Doe's anyone know how to change this, if it's not in user_com.dat?
C6Dave   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 08:00am

Member No: #1
I've had a look at the CD and can't find a user_com.dat file via a windows search and the only graphic files with a logo are Citroen and Peugeot boot images plus Marelli.

Fiat and Lancia are blank and I can't see the actual graphics for the suspension control.

Which sub folder on the CD is the file in?
Website
LightMatic   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 02:22pm
Hi,
Sorry on late answer, I am just came from work.
I don't know where is this file on update, I jut know that this is able to read (and write to RT4) from RT4 with RTXud software.
Regards
C6Dave   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 05:29pm

LightMatic wrote ...

I don't know where is this file on update, I jut know that this is able to read (and write to RT4) from RT4 with RTXud software.
Regards

I have looked at every file on the disc and all the sub discs 1-8 that make it up and cannot find a user_com.dat file.

I also cannot see an image file of a C6 or C5 for the suspension section, the only image files I can find are for the startup splash screens as I posted earlier so...

Thinking logically, the update disc covers all PSA cars with RT4 or RT5 units fitted, the majority of which do not have Hydractive suspension systems so that would lead one to think that the image used for the suspension change routine is stored in the suspension ECU?

But as it's a Citroen, maybe logic doesn't really apply

All I can suggest is seeing if member m3mpower has any idea how to fix the issue. He hasn't been on site for a while so maybe try via his website Autotronics.eu and let us know how you get on.
Website
LightMatic   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 06:04pm
Hi,
I just think that this is maybe in user_com.dat file because there is lot of options for tune with RTXud (somebody read this file from RT4 and post here or somewhere else so I can compare with file from my RT4).
Anyway, thank you very much and sorry on lost time, I hope that this is "repairable", it look stupid with picture from another car.

Regards from Hercegovina
Leo
LightMatic   
Wed Jul 01 2020, 02:23pm
Hello good people,

I think that I find myself where is picture for suspension.
Last night I try to see for what is for GPH_EDITOR and I find in CD_RT4-5_SW_8.31\Data_Base\Graphics\800x446\HARM00\GEN_HA00.gph
(txur2000) when opened with GPH_EDITOR, picture for suspension, both C5 and C6.
Now I must find way how to change this from C5 to C6.
I wasn't do this on RT4, just on PC.
If I find way, I let you all know.

Regards
C6Dave   
Wed Jul 01 2020, 03:18pm

LightMatic wrote ...

Hello good people,

I think that I find myself where is picture for suspension.
Last night I try to see for what is for GPH_EDITOR and I find in CD_RT4-5_SW_8.31\Data_Base\Graphics\800x446\HARM00\GEN_HA00.gph
(txur2000) when opened with GPH_EDITOR, picture for suspension, both C5 and C6.
Now I must find way how to change this from C5 to C6.
I wasn't do this on RT4, just on PC.
If I find way, I let you all know.

Regards

Hmm, well if you took note of the C5 filename, deleted it then saved a copy of the C6 file with the C5 name so all the disc had on was images of a C6?
Website
LightMatic   
Wed Jul 01 2020, 04:25pm
No, no I didn't change or erase anything, I am just find place where are the pictures for suspension.
LightMatic   
Sat Jul 04 2020, 08:11pm
Eureka, I find solution.

You have to remove HDD from RT4, connect it on PC, start GPH_EDITOR, click on Load and find on RT4 HDD (in folder Data_Base->Graphics->HARM00,HARM01,HARM02,HARM03,HARM04,HARM05,HARM06 = this HARM folders is supposed to be themes on RT4, so you can change pictures just only in HARM who you want to use.

I changed pictures on all) file GEN_HA00.gph, on left side you see name TXUR2000, click on it, then on right side scroll down until you find pictures of C6 and little more down is pictures of C5.

After that, I mark all C6 pictures and click on export (I do it on desktop) and after that click on first C5 pic., then click on import and replace with identical pic. of C6, then all other replace in the same way.

After all click on save, return HDD in RT44 and voila pics of silver C6 is back when touch button for activation suspension.

Sorry if I make mistake(s) in text, English is not my mother language.

Kind regards from Hercegovina
Leo
C6Dave   
Sun Jul 05 2020, 08:14am

After that, I mark all C6 pictures and click on export (I do it on desktop) and after that click on first C5 pic., then click on import and replace with identical pic. of C6, then all other replace in the same way.

That is basically what I suggested you try, but was probably 'lost in translation'
well if you took note of the C5 filename, deleted it then saved a copy of the C6 file with the C5 name so all the disc had on was images of a C6?

Good to hear you resolved it and we finally have a solution for others to follow.
Website
LightMatic   
Sun Jul 05 2020, 09:12am
C6Dave,
Yes, you probably have right, but I think that it's is important that things works properly.
Kind regards to all good people from Mostar

Leo
mtee   
Sun Jul 05 2020, 07:22pm
Member No: #1924
Tjensen wrote ...

it was not the change to 8.31, but the later change to the 8.31 included in box of new maps. This also has the nasty habit of setting a lot of C6 specialities to disabled.

Which C6 specialities became disabled when installing the new maps?
Tjensen   
Mon Jul 06 2020, 01:41pm
Member No: #954
No problems when installing maps. The system disk (8.31) in the map box is the problem. When using this after a crash the system will install OK, but leave the following items "disabled":
*Opening screen (with oil and water temperatures and tpms)
*Screen for Climate control
*Front proximity sensors
*Breakdown/service warning service

They work OK again after enabling with Lexia
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club