C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Cooling fan part numbers?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bigbruggsy   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 07:07am
Member No: #3483
Hello all, My wife and I just got back from our 15th wedding anniversary. We traveled to a beautiful part of France. So of course we took the C6!
Well 2 hours into the journey only 15 minutes from our destination the C6 overheated.
This is the first time since we've owned the C6 its done this. We were able to stop and have the car trucked to a citroen garage. They were able to sort the issue (a broken thermostat pipe) and the root of the issue was both radiator fans were not operating. I didn't believe them that both had gone, but sure enough when I tried to spin them my self I could feel the friction. The garage had one new spare one and replaced it for me, (the left hand side one as you face the car). And now that we are at home I want to replace the right hand side one. Does anyone know the part number so I can order this online?

Regards Damian
cruiserphil   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 08:47am

Member No: #38
Hello Damian,

The right hand fan as you look at the car would be the left hand fan. For a 2.7 and 2.2 the part no. is 1253 K6. For a 3.0HDi it is 1253 R2 for both fans.

Best regards,

Phil C.
cit-rotti   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 08:57am
Member No: #3753
Hello,
If you do not have access to the Citroen Service Hotline, there is a good option with pictures and figures for all cars - including your C6:
- Click Here -
Then choose Citroen and then C6
Newer models (mostly from 2008) work with "VIN"
older models according to vehicle selection.

Use Google Chrome - and translate it into English.

Greetings Wolfgang
C6Dave   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 10:14am

Member No: #1
@Wolfgang No need to go online, it's all in the Technical Documents section on site: - Click Here - for the coolant section
Website
bigbruggsy   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 11:17am
Thanks, Also I need to find 2 new rear tail lights, as the mechanic has damaged them by closing the garage door on them? Really how hard is for people to care in their work? Seems like no cares anymore.
Fraunie   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 12:48pm
Member No: #3763
"They were able to sort the issue (a broken thermostat pipe)"

Which one was it?
bigbruggsy   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 02:52pm
It was a short pipe, they showed me after they had repaired it.
C6Dave   
Mon Jun 29 2020, 05:44pm

Member No: #1
bigbruggsy wrote ...

It was a short pipe, they showed me after they had repaired it.

Repaired it?

The Coolant inlet and outlet pipes 1 of which is the thermostat housing are both known weak points on the 2.7 HDi and should be changed as a regular maintenance item at no more than 5 years.

The lower one which is the hardest to change behind the alternator is part 1336.Y2 and can be had for around £38.00 on eBay

The actual thermostat housing part 1336.Y3 can be had for around £24.00 again on eBay in the UK so 'repairing' is pointless, changing should be the only option.

My radiator leaked last year and on replacing that we found the lower housing was also damaged and leaking so replaced it.

The forum is littered with posts on them letting go and in some cases 'cooking' engines.

My advice is to change both a.s.a.p. to avoid any further issues.
Website
bigbruggsy   
Tue Jun 30 2020, 02:23pm
Hi C6 Dave, I should of been clearer, they replaced the short thermostat hose, the thermostat I replaced myself about 6 months ago.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club