Bouncy suspension and "misfiring"

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
sportmaserati   
Sun Jun 21 2020, 10:15pm
Member No: #3998
Good morning dear fellow enthusiasts.

It has been a rather long journey until I got to enjoy the C6 experience, but here we are. After replacing loads of parts due to the previous owner neglecting routine maintenance I only have couple of problems to sort.

1. Rear left sphere was flat and I had it replaced and although it solved the problem with a hard ride at the back now I experience some bounce after I go over a dip or a hump that's across the road. It is almost as you have a bad damper on a normal sprung car. Switching to sport mode seems to cure it.

2. I do get "Flowmeter signal 2 (front) flow too low. The logical step 1 to me was to swap the front and rear flowmeters, but the error keeps coming from the same place.
While driving at around 1750rpm there is notchiness and the engine behaves like it is misfiring. Also the gearbox hesitates in changing gear. It tries 3-4 times to go to the next gear. Now if I disconnect both flowmeters everything is fine. Gearbox changes fine, and engine runs OK.
I have added a photo of the error the flowmeter throws as well, if that is of any help to you guys.

If you can shed some light on these couple of glitches it would be great.

Thank you all.
Toma

Hattershaun   
Tue Jun 23 2020, 08:48am
Member No: #320
Assuming your engine is 2.7HDi, the Flowmeter error could be faulty EGR valves, I had the same error & the hesitation at 1750rpm on my first C6.

You could have another sphere with low pressure or a burst diaphragm, probably a good idea to pressure test all the spheres.
sportmaserati   
Wed Jun 24 2020, 11:39am
Member No: #3998
Thank you Shaun, it is 2.7 sorry I didn't mention. I do get the "occasional" EGR stuck in position as well, so the sensible thing to do in my mind will be EGR delete.

It actually make sense to get a bouncy ride in comfort mode if a centre sphere is flat. I was supposed to go to Pleiades and have them all checked, but then lockdown happened.

Thank you for your help.
Toma

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club