Replace AMWAR

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Anders   
Thu Jun 18 2020, 05:25pm
Member No: #4235
Hi

Is it possible to replace AMWAR step motor? Or some how take it apart?

I have some issue with the left back suspension.Much harder when going over speed bumps etc... No fault codes accept the angle sensor.

Problem began after replacement of spheres ,all of them changed.

Have also replaced the Height sensor and Hydractive block.so no luck there.

Also made height calibration.

So at this point I think the AMWAR is the problem. Can they get stuck in wrong position? Tried step motor calibration, looks like their is some funktion but I don't know if the motor goes to default position.

Any advice appreciated

Many thanks in advance
Anders

cruiserphil   
Thu Jun 18 2020, 05:43pm

Member No: #38
Hello Anders,

In Lexia/Diagbox you can test the servomotors at the two extreme ends of operation - soft and stiff. Did you try this?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Anders   
Thu Jun 18 2020, 08:09pm
Thanks cruiserphil.

Yes made the step motor test in Diagbox..

The step motor is reacting, but feeling that I have is that the position is slightly
off...not as soft as the other side... I could be wrong ???

One question regarding front firm sphere...if the firm sphere have lost the pressure will it affect the rear suspension... ????

Many thanks
cruiserphil   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 08:59am

Member No: #38
Hello Anders,

The front comfort sphere should not affect the the rear. However you say you replaced the spheres. Perhaps there is a poor replacement sphere. Why not try swapping the spheres around on the rear and see if the stiffness moves from left to right?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Anders   
Fri Jun 19 2020, 10:20am
Hi Cruiserphil.

Made the swap not a huge difference.The replacement spheres are regased ones with nipel.

So what I thought if the front firm sphere have a ruptured membrane due to age and perhaps did not hold for regasing and went dead.

Just a thought ???

Many thanks
arconell3   
Sun Jun 21 2020, 02:31pm
Member No: #922
Hi Anders,
It is not possible to replace an AMVAR unit on any of the 4 struts. But since you have checked the height sensors and already replaced the spheres, without succes in solving your problem, I was thinking: did you properly refill and bleed the hydraulic system? You need to go into Diagbox>Global test>Variable Damping>Bleeding the suspension circuit.

Also, you need to pressurize the LDS reservoir with 0.5 Bar, and follow the Diagbox instructions. Another point: Never overfill the LDS reservoir! That in itself can already trigger suspension problems.

Finally: after working on the suspension it is always wise to correct the suspension height, again using Diagbox and the appropriate tools. 5 mm off can make the difference between a comfortable and a harsh ride.

See the technical database in this forum for all the intricacies pertaining to these jobs.

Regards, Robert

PS: If the front additional firmness sphere were faulty, you'd notice it in the front suspension, not on the rear.
Website
Anders   
Sun Jun 21 2020, 07:58pm
Hi arconell3

No did not do the refill procedure.

What is the reason with the pressurize of 0,5 bar ?

Any advice for a cap solution to keep it sealed during pressurize.

Regards

arconell3   
Tue Jun 23 2020, 09:11am
Member No: #922
There is a special tool, see under technical documents> suspension in this forum. And bleeding means letting any remaining air out of the system, e.g. pretty much the same way as with any braking system when you refresh the braking fluid.

Regards, Robert
Website
Anders   
Tue Jun 23 2020, 10:13am
Thanks

Then it´s possible that their is air stuck in the system.

Thought the system was self bleeding... But perhaps it is different with the AMWAR system?

Regards...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club