Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Restoration

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
321dave   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 11:45am
Member No: #614
Hi Eke,
I found this splitter online with the correct plugs which would allow the grey and white Fakra connectors to attach to the RT5 headunit to hook up the radio cables for Fm? Can you remember what you did when you converted your system?

Strange the kit doesn’t mention what to do about the radio cable issue?

Jas16   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 04:00pm
Member No: #2994
Hi Dave,

With the cable you listed, should that be a female iso for the radio aerial? otherwise you are right in that the aerial input from rt3 system needs to split into two fakra connectors

I also have a rt4 system to replace my rt3, but have ordered the Phibu adapter so waiting on it to arrive
321dave   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 09:32pm
Jas16 wrote ...

Hi Dave,

With the cable you listed, should that be a female iso for the radio aerial? otherwise you are right in that the aerial input from rt3 system needs to split into two fakra connectors

I also have a rt4 system to replace my rt3, but have ordered the Phibu adapter so waiting on it to arrive

Hi Jas16,
hopefully I’ll be sorted soon. I’ll also try and document the bits and pieces in the conversion process when I get It all reassembled soon. It’s not so bad In fact when you start the conversion. But knowing where all the wiring should go will make it a bit easier.
eke   
Thu Jun 11 2020, 10:35am
Member No: #624
Hi, Citroen C6 has two fm aerial cables coming from back (rear window) of the car. In cars with the RT3 these two cables are combined in a box (aerial antenna amplifier, partno 9655888380) to one radio aerial cable, which is connected to back of RT3.

So you have take this amplifier out and connect the cables coming from back straight to the Phibu cables, which you have to connect to the back of RT5 according the colour white and grey.

The aerial antenna amplifier is situated under the glove box in LHD cars, in RHD cars possibly somewhere under the steering wheel.
321dave   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 09:31am
eke wrote ...

Hi, Citroen C6 has two fm aerial cables coming from back (rear window) of the car. In cars with the RT3 these two cables are combined in a box (aerial antenna amplifier, partno 9655888380) to one radio aerial cable, which is connected to back of RT3.

So you have take this amplifier out and connect the cables coming from back straight to the Phibu cables, which you have to connect to the back of RT5 according the colour white and grey.

The aerial antenna amplifier is situated under the glove box in LHD cars, in RHD cars possibly somewhere under the steering wheel.

Hi Eke, many thanks for the aerial help. Much appreciated, I think from studying the wiring diagrams (very helpful) I see three cables or looms along my passenger seat Near the carpet/door sill for RHD cars towards our glovebox area. I have the original RT5 aerial cables from the Peugeot donor. So I’ll most likely pull the glovebox and fit them from the aerial box you mention to the headunit. One issue and possibly for me is the tight space in behind the dash! Not easy for me at least to put new wiring into this area so far.

A bit more work but probably more original than the time saving splitter idea I was thinking to try.

Top part is RT3 and lower is RT4/5 fascia from the PCB side. Both are identical from the front.
[/quote1591955094]

eke   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 12:43pm
321dave wrote ...

I have the original RT5 aerial cables from the Peugeot donor. So I’ll most likely pull the glovebox and fit them from the aerial box you mention to the headunit.

I'm not sure if I understood the above quoted sentence. What I meant, you do not need the aerial antenna amplifier box with RT5 anymore, so you can disconnect it and put it aside away from car. You only have to connect aerial cables coming from antenna to those Phibu grey and white cables and connect them to the back of RT5.

Br eke
321dave   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 05:27pm
eke wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

I have the original RT5 aerial cables from the Peugeot donor. So I’ll most likely pull the glovebox and fit them from the aerial box you mention to the headunit.

I'm not sure if I understood the above quoted sentence. What I meant, you do not need the aerial antenna amplifier box with RT5 anymore, so you can disconnect it and put it aside away from car. You only have to connect aerial cables coming from antenna to those Phibu grey and white cables and connect them to the back of RT5.

Br eke

Thanks for that eke! So it’s only needed anyway for RT3. In fact I removed the glove box just now and I could not locate the aerial amplifier box. It must be under the drivers steering wheel in the RHD car!! More trim coming out!

321dave   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 05:45pm
Thanks for that eke! So it’s only needed anyway for RT3. In fact I removed the glove box just now and I could not locate the aerial amplifier box. It must be under the drivers steering wheel in the RHD car!! More trim coming out!

321dave   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 06:01pm
Thanks for that eke! So it’s only needed anyway for RT3. In fact I removed the glove box just now and I could not locate the aerial amplifier box in the image below.

It must be under the drivers steering wheel in the RHD car!! More trim coming out!

321dave   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 06:10pm

Just wondering about the video cable! This is the connection in the glove box, is this where you put the pin 5 and pin 11? I’m thinking it wasn’t here.

321dave   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 08:55am
Jas16 wrote ...

Hi Dave,

Hi Jas16,
your correct, it would be a female connection. I might of been a bit hasty in my purchase.

eke   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 10:12am
321dave wrote ...

Just wondering about the video cable! This is the connection in the glove box, is this where you put the pin 5 and pin 11? I’m thinking it wasn’t here.

No, I think it is the other end of those cables, where they are combined to the connector, which goes to back of the RT3
eke   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 10:18am
eke wrote ...

You only have to connect aerial cables coming from antenna to those Phibu grey and white cables and connect them to the back of RT5.

Br eke

It seems that I gave wrong colours here. The Phibu extension cables are kind of turquoise in colour and their other ends are connected to white and grey sockets in the back of RT5
321dave   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 03:43pm
eke wrote ...

eke wrote ...

You only have to connect aerial cables coming from antenna to those Phibu grey and white cables and connect them to the back of RT5.

Br eke

It seems that I gave wrong colours here. The Phibu extension cables are kind of turquoise in colour and their other ends are connected to white and grey sockets in the back of RT5

Thanks eke,
Much appreciated. A few more days before I get on top of the setup. Getting there now.
cruiserphil   
Mon Jun 15 2020, 08:55am

Member No: #38
Great thread lads,

Following it with interest. However, 321Dave, I must say you're helping me to focus on all the positives in an RT3 system

Best regards,

Phil C.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club