Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

A big Hi from a newbie

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
andymech48   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 04:44pm
Member No: #4374
Hi Everyone,

I'm Andy and I've just purchased a C6. I might just as well have sent Stevie wonder to go view it as i bought it in the rain!. Little did i realize the 'minor' oil leak that was stated on the last MOT now had more leaks than a welsh farmers bucket. suffice to say after a clean and some closer inspection it looks like i have a 'bleeder' on my hands in need of life support.

It's true what they say though, they are a lovely car to drive but if you don't have the funds or the hands on experience to fix any problems then they can be a bit of a white elephant. I have worked on cars my whole life and have the means in which to put this C6 right.

I think it's worth the time and effort as structurally its sound with no rust anywhere, just mechanical/electrical issues. I'm looking forward to posting up my progress. I do have my own Engineering workshop so i have the ability to machine parts, skim heads, brake discs etc.

I have just done all the brake discs on this C6 saving myself a chunk of money. If anyone wants a similar service just PM me. Happy to help anyone wherever i can.
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 05:32pm

Member No: #1
andymech48 wrote ...

I've just purchased a C6. I might just as well have sent Stevie wonder to go view it as i bought it in the rain!. Little did i realize the 'minor' oil leak that was stated on the last MOT now had more leaks than a welsh farmers bucket. suffice to say after a clean and some closer inspection it looks like i have a 'bleeder' on my hands in need of life support.

Welcome Andy.

Where is the oil leak from?

If it's power steering pipes then you will need to 'repair' as new ones are no longer available

As for anything else, there is lots of info on site now about just about any issue you may come across as we have all suffered from most things in the past.
Website
Jas16   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 08:08pm
Member No: #2994
Welcome and a local [to me] C6 as well! I am not that far away in Southall.

No doubt your mechanical knowledge will be tested. But certainly worth it

andymech48   
Wed Jun 10 2020, 10:02pm
Member No: #4374
The question is more where isn't it leaking from!.  I think its power steering, engine and gearbox all three. Im going to do a partial strip of engine and degrease what I can as oil is literally everywhere. Once I've done that I've got access to a pit so I can get underneath and see whats going on.

I've cleared all the codes so going to run it up and see what occurs. I have a Citroen dealer program that a mate ripped for me so have access to maintenance, repair etc etc for entire car. Its vital to have!.

I have snap on diagnostic tool so all in all hoping to get on top of it all. Just the cost of some of the parts and like you say some parts aren't available so have to repair.

Its going to be interesting but looking forward to it ????
C6Dave   
Thu Jun 11 2020, 07:37am

Member No: #1
andymech48 wrote ...

I have snap on diagnostic tool so all in all hoping to get on top of it all. Just the cost of some of the parts and like you say some parts aren't available so have to repair.

Snap on will only get you so far, for some things your going to need a dedicated Lexia/Diagbox cable and software.

They aren't expensive, just can be a painfully slow to install on a laptop.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club