C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Door led ambient lightning

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
c6chile   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 01:19am
Member No: #3816
Hi, on one of my 2.7 the led lights on 4 doors, the ashtray light, the dimmer backlight, suspension and gearbox modes buttons backlights aren't working properly, I checked the door led and is Lit but very dim, same with other backlights not enough power, I measured voltage at the bulb terminal of the ashtray lighting and I got 0,3 volts. I ve read all the threads on this forum and none seems to cover this issue.

When pressing the dimmer buttons the only thing I get is a change in brightness on the speedometer display, GPS screen and the main set of buttons backlight around the radio. The lower line of buttons above the ashtray don't backlight with enough power either. ( I had to dissasemble them to see the led was on )
So far I've checked all the fuses, all the connections to the BSi, BSM and everything seems to be ok.

I´m thinking it could be a ground problem? On my other 2.7 everything works perfectly.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know how to fix this

regards

PG
cit-rotti   
Fri Jun 12 2020, 08:00am
Member No: #3753
Hi
You need to check the ground connections
c6chile   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 03:58pm
Member No: #3816
I´ve checked the grounds on engine bay next to the fuse box and on the rear next to battery and everything seems to be ok, Do you know any other ground points I should check?

thanks
PG
321dave   
Sat Jun 13 2020, 06:55pm
Member No: #614
c6chile wrote ...

I´ve checked the grounds on engine bay next to the fuse box and on the rear next to battery and everything seems to be ok, Do you know any other ground points I should check?

thanks
PG

I noticed this earth under the dash in one of the technical files recently. Might be of help.

ingmar55555   
Mon Jun 15 2020, 08:40am
Member No: #4280
PG,

I also have an issue with this lighting. Even the workshop could not get it to work, dimming the dash works flawless. Must admit that haven't removed the door panels yet to do some measurements, since I have been rather busy with some other things.

Br. Ingmar

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club