C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Oil-level dip-stick

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Fraunie   
Sun Apr 26 2020, 11:01am
Member No: #3763
I have changed the oil in my engine and have checked the level with the dip-stick the next morning.

Interestingly it showed only a level between "min" and "max", where it should be showing "max" or near it. Is this a common phenomenon? Normally I am relying to the sign "Oil Level OK" when starting the engine. Maybe this is why some garages are filling too much oil?

ingmar55555   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 01:28pm
Member No: #4280
The fact that at start-up says Oil-level OK is merely that it is not below min of above max....Garages tend to fill it up to what is specified and not checking it afterwards. It also depends whether you unplugged the carter pan or sucked it out.
One of the reason why I always do it myself.
Br. Ingmar
Fraunie   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 02:10pm
Member No: #3763
I have seen oil-change stickers written by Citroen garages showing 6.5 l for the 2.7 engine...

Yes I know the differences between "sucking" and "draining", it is about half a liter (5,75 vs. 5,25)
ingmar55555   
Tue Apr 28 2020, 03:08pm
Member No: #4280
I don't want to fingerpoint to any Garage in particular...but they sometimes have a funny way of rounding up quantities in their advantage...and then for a price per liter... pfwiew Once had topped up my washer fluid, they still charged me 12,50 for filling it up, because that was part of the standard rate....and more of those examples.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club