New to Forum

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
firstmarket   
Fri Apr 03 2020, 12:58pm
Member No: #4297
Hi
I’m Don. I have found and joined your forum as I would like a Citroen C6.
My late father was a proud owner of Citroen cars - all new - including Zantia, C5, DS4 and his final Citroen, top of the range DS5 with leather ‘watch strap’ upholstery.

When he died he passed it on to me as his eldest son and I just loved driving it. However, I needed to sell it last year - broke my heart - but we had a cash flow problem.

So now, when we get through this lockdown period I would like to carry on with the Citroen marque.

I would like to have a C6 in my garage for high days and holidays.

Any help would be appreciated.
Don
C6Dave   
Fri Apr 03 2020, 03:01pm

Member No: #1
Have a look in the 'For Sale' section on site - Click Here - there are a couple there plus in the Facebook group - Click Here -

Just beware of dealers with no experience selling them via eBay etc. and if you find one ask about it here as someone may know the history
Website
MGmike   
Fri Apr 03 2020, 03:03pm
Member No: #3151

Add a little detail as to the spec, colour etc you would like and if anyone has one they'll be in touch.

Just a little word of caution... they are not cheap to run and do benefit from being used regularly.

firstmarket   
Fri Apr 03 2020, 07:01pm
Member No: #4297
Thanks,
Colour is not prime consideration. Condition, service history and preferably full leather. If a lounge pack included even better. Kim and I are at a stage in our lives when cruising in comfort in a future classic is important. When we find the right C6 she will be pampered in memory of my late father who would have loved to own one.
Trainman   
Fri Apr 03 2020, 09:39pm

Member No: #86
Don,

Once all this isolation is over and done with, give me a shout, I’m only in Preston and happy to nip out in mine f you want to meet up at some point.
C6Dave   
Sat Apr 04 2020, 08:19am

firstmarket wrote ...

Thanks,
Colour is not prime consideration. Condition, service history and preferably full leather. If a lounge pack included even better. Kim and I are at a stage in our lives when cruising in comfort in a future classic is important.

If the rear of the car is rarely going to get used the 'rare lounge pack' (it's not in reality) really limits what you can carry in the back so don't let that put you off.

Some Lignage spec cars have had full factory leather added + Sat Nav (mine has) so don't let that limit your search criteria either

A good history from someone who understands the C6 and of all the important points being addressed, cam belt, water inlet and outlet tanks, gearbox oil changes etc. is most important.
Website
Tjensen   
Sun Apr 05 2020, 02:27pm
Member No: #954
The latest years, the 3.0 Hdi had many improvements and will probably give fewer problems, in addition to more mpg, better brakes and more power. But not so easy to find.
C6Dave   
Sun Apr 05 2020, 05:55pm

Tjensen wrote ...

The latest years, the 3.0 Hdi had many improvements and will probably give fewer problems, in addition to more mpg, batter brakes and more power. But not so easy to find.

Looking at the DVLA data we might be down to 20 RHD 3.0 HDi in the UK now so getting really hard to find at a reasonable price.
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club