Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Handbrake cable

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
e3steve   
Tue Nov 20 2018, 12:57pm
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

e3steve wrote ...

The GPS connects to the stereo head unit, so check to see if the connectors are seated and that the cables aren't damages, Dave.

Thanks for that Steve, might have a go again at installing the newer head unit I received a few months back, I have a complete RT5 system to go in place of the older RT3 so not a bad time to try again at installing the newer unit and see if the aerial issue can also be resolved.

They charge an eye-watering €300 for the plastic surround for the screen! I bought a second-hand unit in case I broke the one on at the moment. It really is stuck on good and hard and I'm afraid only brute force at this stage (not really much good in a car interior) is going to get it removed for the installation. pity.
Have a look through member <m3mpower>’s posts; there’s a tutorial, somewhere, on how to be brutal-without-breaking stuff!
joopajaa   
Tue Dec 04 2018, 09:57am
Member No: #3261
I have a problem with cable change: seems like the new cables (from Poland) are too short (5-10mm). If I force the cable end to the hub clamp, it will stop the wheel completely. There is a 3-5mm gap on the lever stopper on the caliper.

I have put the motor unit to "cable change"-position. I have to take them out and try to have a measurement on the length from originals too to compare.
cruiserphil   
Sat Mar 14 2020, 12:05pm

Member No: #38
Hello Joopajaa,

How did it go with the cables from Poland?

Best regards,

Phil C.
Dan595   
Sat Mar 14 2020, 09:11pm
Member No: #299
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Joopajaa,

Best regards,

Phil C.

I'm not Joopajaa, but I did get handbrake cables from Poland for my car. Not without some trepidation, and they took some time to arrive. And when they did, they seemed too short.

Having read the instructions on changing cables I got the car over a pit and had a look. I'm quite handy but this looked like a serious job.

I gave it to Arnaud at Citropro. The 'too short' cables were fine. The bill was very, very reasonable, even though the old cables had seized into the unit.

18 months on, all still good. Every hill start I do, I thank Arnaud.
cruiserphil   
Sun Mar 15 2020, 06:38pm

Hello Dan595,

Thanks for your response. There was a debate on the Facebook site about handbrake cables and I remembered the link to the Polish supplier here on the forum. However, on checking out the forum posts again I spotted the concern about lengths.

Best regards,

Phil C.
joopajaa   
Mon Mar 16 2020, 10:16am
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Joopajaa,

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Actually I got them 2 times: first ones were little too short (maybe 5mm) - they sent me new ones that worked fine (told them to add few mm).

Br. Joopa
cruiserphil   
Wed Mar 18 2020, 09:39am

Hello Br. Joopa,

Thanks for your reply. That's great to know. Do you know what the actual length is?

Best regards,

Phil C.
joopajaa   
Mon May 11 2020, 09:41am
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Br. Joopa,

Thanks for your reply. That's great to know. Do you know what the actual length is?

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi sorry - its nearly impossible to accurately measure those which didnt fit. I still have them though. I see if I find a way to measure.
valerito   
Mon Aug 29 2022, 01:39pm
Member No: #4091
For what it's worth to anyone in the future, I found the cables at Allegro. You can also buy them separately. I bought the right one of 99.5cm and it cost me around $90 with shipping to Spain included. So far it works great and seems to be of good quality.

I leave you the link: https://allegro.pl/oferta/linka-hamulca-recznego-elektrycznego-citroen-c6-10196550825

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club