C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Market Place :: C6 Parts Market

C6 - Breaking for parts - 2.7HDi Exclusive 2008

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Hattershaun   
Sat Feb 22 2020, 09:31am
Member No: #320
I'm breaking for spares the C6 I bought recently, as it's uneconomic to repair.

Bought with a seized engine, caused by lack of coolant (burst thermostat housing), with the intention of replacing the engine.

But a close inspection of the underside revealed rather a lot of rust to the sills & holes in the floor!

Registered new in Jan 2008 as a demo, then one owner since, 83,000 miles, will full service history.

Mauritius Blue paintwork with cream leather interior & lounge pack.

Has the RT4 Nav system with jukebox for storing music & maps stored on the hard drive.

If you are interested in any parts, please send me a private message of your requirements, I'll compile a list then at some point in the near future I'll dismantle the car. It is in Hertfordshire, UK, if you wanted to collect parts, like body panels.

Gbjb1972   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 07:30am
Member No: #4263
Hi Hattershaun,

just joined the c6 owners club as I'm the very proud owner of a 2.7hdi exclusive.
I am interested in a few parts...
Drivers side mirror (mine has been replaced at some point and is not 'dimming')
Alloy wheels. Or centre 'cap' for one alloy wheel
Boot struts. Mine no longer hold the boot up very well, and so a bit dangerous for the children. Are yours still working well?
Cheers,
Jason
Hattershaun   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:43am
Hi Jason,

I'd fit new boot struts, they are inexpensive.

Magnetti-Marelli are OEM & available from Mister Auto (which is owned by PSA); - Click Here -

Your mirror may have had a non-dimming glass fitted in the past or the whole mirror from a Lignage.

I'll message you about the other parts.

Shaun
Garfield   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:22am
Member No: #4234
Hi there, m i am looking for the lid of the center console with the small chrome strip on it?

Gbjb1972   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:45am
Hi,
thanks for the advice about the boot struts; I will go for magnetic marelli ones I think ????
Thanks in advance for looking into centre caps, alloy wheels and the dimming mirror. It's just a shame (and a little annoying!) to be dazzled by one mirror when the other 2 are working perfectly.
One other thing. Your c6 has cream seats? My drivers seat isn't heating (all other seats do, front and back). How easy is it to replace the seat (with a working one - yours perhaps)?

Cheers,

JB
Hattershaun   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:13pm
Garfieldie wrote ...

Hi there, m i am looking for the lid of the center console with the small chrome strip on it?

Hi Garfieldie,
I will put you down for the small centre console.
I'll let you know when I break the car up & get your address.
Hattershaun   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 09:17pm
Gbjb1972 wrote ...

Your c6 has cream seats? My drivers seat isn't heating (all other seats do, front and back). How easy is it to replace the seat (with a working one - yours perhaps)?

Cheers,

JB

Yes, my car has cream leather, the driver's seat has some wear on it (someone else has already asked about it, so they have first option to buy), so I will take photos & send to you.
I need to check if the seat heating works too, as I've not driven this car.
Swapping a seat is straight forward; a few bolts, unplug the electrical connectors.
Nikolaj   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:12pm
Member No: #4047
Hi Hattershaun, do you still have the glowplug power bridges (L and R) from the seized engine, and possible the fuel line holder bracket on the inside of the fender. (not the fuel line bracket next to the throttle body.)
Hattershaun   
Mon Feb 24 2020, 10:18pm
Nikolaj wrote ...

Hi Hattershaun, do you still have the glowplug power bridges (L and R) from the seized engine, and possible the fuel line holder bracket on the inside of the fender. (not the fuel line bracket next to the throttle body.)

The engine is still in the car, so the parts you asked about should be there. I'll be back in touch soon.
Paulius   
Tue Feb 25 2020, 10:52pm
Member No: #1821
How about the power steering pump and perhaps the powerr steering piping (hopefully it's the same as on left hand drive models)? I had a little accident and rrupturred one of the pipes and now the pump is whining after patching it te porarily up.
Hattershaun   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 06:15am
Paulius wrote ...

How about the power steering pump and perhaps the powerr steering piping (hopefully it's the same as on left hand drive models)? I had a little accident and rrupturred one of the pipes and now the pump is whining after patching it te porarily up.

The power steering pump will be available, I'll need to check on the condition of the pipes.
I'm planning to start dismantling this weekend, so will get back to you soon. Thanks.
Garfield   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 09:46am
Member No: #4234
Gbjb1972 wrote ...

Hi,
thanks for the advice about the boot struts; I will go for magnetic marelli ones I think ????

Cheers,

JB

Hi, i ordered the same on Amazon and installed them yesterday, it is an easy 5 minutes job and they are an excellent replacement, so you can order them safely.
Paulius   
Sat Feb 29 2020, 03:17pm
Hattershaun wrote ...

Paulius wrote ...

The power steering pump will be available, I'll need to check on the condition of the pipes.
I'm planning to start dismantling this weekend, so will get back to you soon. Thanks.

Looking forward
Gbjb1972   
Sat Mar 07 2020, 06:32am
Hi Shaun,
Hope you're very well.
Just wondering how you're getting on with looking into the mirror (driver's side), the centre piece for one of my alloy wheels and the driver's seat photos?
Keen to start making my car look flawless
(Well, as flawless as I can for a 2006 car anyway!).

Thanks again for the advice about the boot struts.

Cheers,

JB
Paulius   
Sat Mar 07 2020, 11:34pm
I'm still waiting for the power steering pump/piping.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club