C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

My C6, engine died, found a brand new one, a small movie

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Garfield   
Tue Feb 25 2020, 10:33am
Member No: #4234
Hi guys, just a little movie made by my son of the replacement of the engine of my car after it died by a runaway diesel..

I found a brand new 2.7 engine with 0 mileage on it and it took about 20 hour to exchange the engines.

It is in Dutch but should be clear to watch, hope you like it.

- Click Here -

Garfield   
Tue Feb 25 2020, 10:37am
Also the pics going with it..

FraserG   
Tue Feb 25 2020, 08:56pm
Member No: #2011
Thanks for sharing.

What is meant by "died by a runaway diesel" ? Is the meaning being lost in translation? I wish I could read/understand Dutch.

Good to see your car back in service.

Garfield   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 07:26am
The engine started to run on its own engine oil, so max++ rpm and no way to stop it at that time.

A seal broke in a turbo and the oil started te get into the air-inlet channel and than into the engine so it was impossible to stop it, ran for about a minute or 2 on max++ rpm and than died with a bang.

And yes, she's up and running fine again after about 20 hours of open heart surgery.

Garfield   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 07:40am
This is example of another car that sufferd the same fate as mine on Youtube...

- Click Here -

So now you know why smoking is very bad for your health... LOL.
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 08:43am

Member No: #1
Garfieldie wrote ...

The engine started to run on its own engine oil, so max++ rpm and no way to stop it at that time.

Common problem on the early C4's caused by leaking injector seals.

How did you manage to find a new and unused engine?
Website
Garfield   
Wed Feb 26 2020, 09:07am
It was simply on the used marked site in Belgium, the person had bought it for his own C6 as a spare but never needed it so he put it up for sale after selling his own C6 so i was very lucky.

He is a trouble shooter for PSA and recommended the garage where the engine was changed as an expert on the C6, he had bought it from PSA after it was used as a demo on a stand at some PSA show as seen in the first picture above.

Price was also excellent, i payed 1000 euro for it (850 or so in pounds) so it was a steal at that price for a new and complete V6 2.7 HDi engine and i also sold the old engine for 150 euro for spares on the same used market site so my new engine got even cheaper by 150 euros than.

With the engine change we also changed:

Engine Radiator 1330P7 had a crack so replaced it

Watertube 6466HA + rust prevention, common problem on the C6

Distribution belts Bosch 85T/195T just to be safe and easy to replace

LDS oil 5L because of lines replaced

All filters new> M A N filters

Motoroil Castrol 5W30 Magnatec start/stop 6L

LDS lines 5270VC 5270VL 5270VN 5270TV (very expensive ones duhhhh)

Instrument cluster upgrade, cooling components added to prevent overheating

Coolant Valeo 13L

Automatic transmission, oil changed 6L

Some small bits and bolts

So for now she should be fine for a while i hope, i enjoy every trip and it is a very nice ride, every time we go out in it it is a joy again.

Today i am planning for an 8 inch tablet screen update for GPS, audio and radio with a bluetooth interface, so stay tuned for more!

Michael.

Preview..

Garfield   
Fri Feb 28 2020, 08:04pm
So i now have an 8 inch Lenovo M8 2019 8-core 1920x1200 tablet for Google, mail, GPS, digital radio, Youtube, MP3 etc. as my main ICE, the Citroën computer-screen is fully visable from the drivers-seat so no problems there, it connects thrue an external bluetooth adapter into the car stereo aux for now, an internal one also ordered and it is on its way from China, to power it i will use the power of the 12V light in the glovebox and use a strip of velcro to keep it on its place.

<- Click for more details.

Power for the tablet wil be supplied by a USB magnetic powercable also for a hassle free mounting it in- and out of the car.

The tablet is kept on its place by 4 strong magnets in the airvent for now.

I used round 4 magnets but i have ordered 2 of these long ones below from AliExpress and wil swap them out asap when they arrive, so 1 for each centre vent with 4 strong magnets per side on these ones so it should be as steady as a rock.

Garfield   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 01:39pm
Small update, ordered these because were i live you really need them.

Also ordered other magnets on Amazon US, i will test if they are stronger and better than the ones i use now for using them with a tablet.

Paulius   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 06:56pm
Member No: #1821
that screen looks terrible :/
FraserG   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 08:11pm
Member No: #2011
Yes,

Why do you need this screen more than your fresh air vents?

I prefer her as she was built.

Cheers Fraser
Garfield   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 08:31pm
I use both, new and old style GPS, because there are no updates anymore i sometimes need the newest GPS maps on the tablet.

The vents are still in use because the screen is off about 1 inch from the vents and usually i have the roof open when driving.

Also i stream my favorite radiostations with 4G from another country, this is not possible with the old school ICE so it has to be like this for me for now, mixing old and new tech..

Soon i will have an miracast-box connected to the input in the glovebox so all will be mirrored on the C6 original screen, the tablet is just a temp for now that why it is on magnets so i can take ity out asap, and i need to find a way to be able to use the videoscreen above 8 kph, maybe with a Lexia or a canbus solution, still looking in to this..
Garfield   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 09:00pm
Found the solution in this Mirascript:

RTxSET.CMD This script lets you modify the “User_com.dat” file directly on RTx device.

When starting it asks you to do a backup copy of current User_com.dat file, or, if a backup is already present, to restore it. Backup copy is written on the internal hard disk, each time you execute a backup, the previous will beoverwritten.

I suggest you to do a backup only the first time you use RTxSET, so you have the originalconfiguration for safely came back. RTxSET recognizes and modifies configuration file for sw:7.02 sw:7.10 sw:7.11 sw:8.00 sw:8.10 sw:8.11 sw:8.20.

The editable values are divided in sections, and have the same name used by PC program RTXud.exe. Here is the list: "View/modify GENERAL section?" "Video speed" 5 or 225. It’s the Km/h upper speed limit for video-in disabling.
Paulius   
Tue Mar 03 2020, 09:53pm
Member No: #1821
Garfield wrote ...

I use both, new and old style GPS, because there are no updates anymore i sometimes need the newest GPS maps on the tablet.

The vents are still in use because the screen is off about 1 inch from the vents and usually i have the roof open when driving.

Also i stream my favorite radiostations with 4G from another country, this is not possible with the old school ICE so it has to be like this for me for now, mixing old and new tech..

Soon i will have an miracast-box connected to the input in the glovebox so all will be mirrored on the C6 original screen, the tablet is just a temp for now that why it is on magnets so i can take ity out asap, and i need to find a way to be able to use the videoscreen above 8 kph, maybe with a Lexia or a canbus solution, still looking in to this..

That sounds like a great idea with the miracast!
Garfield   
Wed Mar 04 2020, 07:28am
Yes, i found it on YT, so i ordered the mirrorlink interface on Amazon, as it ships from China i think i have to wait a few weeks..

Russian YT link below to see how it works.

- Click Here -

This is the one i ordered.

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club