Author Post
sidenham   
Wed Feb 12 2020, 06:38pm
Member No: #3993
The other pic

MGmike   
Thu Feb 13 2020, 10:11am
Member No: #3151
That looks to have the same ends but the routing looks way different and may be difficult to fit.

Have you tried BL Auto's as they are usually breaking a C6.
C6Dave   
Thu Feb 13 2020, 12:43pm

Member No: #1
A quick 'Google' brings up lots of repair options aka - Click Here - and splicing kits which you may need to join yours with the end from another pipe: - Click Here -
Website
sidenham   
Thu Feb 13 2020, 02:36pm
Looked closely at my pipe in comparison to the C5's above and the routing is the same, just hoping the length is Ok. The best part is that if push comes to shove I'll Alley solder the end I need to my existing pipe. Or get a straight coupling that Dave has suggested in his post. Oh and I've bought the pipe from Spain so will soon find out if it fits.

As for the Fuel line problem, I'll probably get a new 8mm I/d quick release elbow and attach a new high pressure pipe up to the tee piece. I don't think I've ever encountered a vehicle with such flimsy fuel fittings, metal oil cooler male outlets into plastic female.

Mind you though, this is not something you take off daily is it. Once the work is done I'll let you all know what was used and how the rebuild is going. Just goes to prove how important it is with these C6's to replace those two plastic/rubberised water tanks top and bottom ever 5 years.
C6Dave   
Thu Feb 13 2020, 07:09pm

Just goes to prove how important it is with these C6's to replace those two plastic/rubberised water tanks top and bottom ever 5 years.

Absolutely agree. Top one had been changed on my car last February before I bought it, but whilst changing the radiator which had leaked whilst on a holiday in France, the lower one was found to be broken as well, so they really should be done at the same time.
Website
MGmike   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 06:37pm
Member No: #3151
Found these whilst looking for something to repair a couple of pipes on my MGF. Might work for you also...
- Click Here -

C6Dave   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 07:03pm

MGmike wrote ...

Found these whilst looking for something to repair a couple of pipes on my MGF. Might work for you also...
- Click Here -

Same ones I linked to Mike
Website
sidenham   
Sat Feb 15 2020, 07:48pm
Yep, they would be very handy to get out of trouble with, shame that everything from them seems to be 'out of stock' on their web page. Will keep looking at them just in case, so thanks again for the Link.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club