C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

rt5 upgrade.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
kennyv50   
Mon Nov 04 2019, 02:57pm
Member No: #4131
Hi all, i own a 2009 c8 ex, but without a dedicated site thought I might try this one, forgive me. My rt3ev navidrive started to play up, taking from 2 mins to 5 hours to start up, so as i visit France a little on my last journey dropped in at a breakers and picked up a rt5 unit.

The connections are all the same inc. the multi plug for the screen. Although the grey and white Ariel leads have been swooped. The unit fires up, firstly with Citroen then into a working screen, some notes are being posted on screen, however the language is set to french and I appear only to get the top left quarter of the screen. Ive come to the conclusion that the screen res is only low and that i may have to hunt out a hi res screen.

I do have a laptop and Lexia 3 setup, which i have tried to use for the first time, but having recognised the car and vin, does not see the radio. the Lexia office version im running is 1.4.13, too early? I have tried to do BSi resets with instructions from a couple of sources, they diff slightly but the radio is not seen by Lexia. but i can run cd, radio and menus, all be it with the dreaded bleeping.I checked the wiring diagrams from rt3ev rt4 and rt5, and they appear to be the same.

Any advice or views would be much appreciated. ps as my first thought was to go to my local breakers in the uk, i now have 2 rt3 units and matching screens to sell. one fiat and one Peugeot. Thanks again Ken
Wimvander   
Mon Nov 04 2019, 06:29pm
Member No: #3466
via Mirascrip.

HRDISPLAY.CMD

This script set the display mode to High Resolution (800x480). It can be use only on system with software version upper than or equal to 8.00. When start it ask confirmation to “set to HR mode”, then it reboot.

To revert to low resolution video, use the script LRDISPLAY.CMD

Be careful: Enable HR mode on a low resolution video don’t produce any damage to your system, but you can’t see the whole image, so it will be a bit difficult to came back. So use this script only if your display type is a High Resolution display.
kennyv50   
Mon Nov 04 2019, 10:57pm
thank you for that info. Im new to instructing the radio what to do. What is mirascrip. and the command line you quote. I did read some where about booting from a cd and running from there. I thought all the instructions to the system inc, radio would be via Lexia. And i do have the added problem that the radio is already set to hi res, and running to a low res screen.?
kennyv50   
Mon Nov 04 2019, 11:47pm
ok, sorry i have now searched thro the site and downloaded ver 8.2. and beginning to understand mirascript. I will burn the disk tomorrow and try loading. given that the first thing i need to do, is to drop down to low res mode, ive made the CMD folder with just the lrdisplay script. As i cannot see the whole script on screen at present, would it be possible to give me, what im assuming to be basic key press's to except the lr mode and to get out and reboot the unit? Thank you in anticipation.
Trainman   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 04:22pm

Member No: #86
It is able to be done with Diagbox, which is the later version of Lexia, I did mine on Thursday
kennyv50   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 08:00pm
thanks steve, will try. any tips where to get Diagbox
AndreSMCXXMC6   
Fri Nov 08 2019, 09:43am
Member No: #615
There is a file on the harddisk that contains the configuration for your car, I believe even the VIN number of your car.
You can modify that one on a PC with the tools accompaning MIRASCRIPT>
Trainman   
Fri Nov 08 2019, 12:58pm

There are a number of people with Diagbox have a look at this thread from Frenchcarforum - Click Here -

Depending on whereabouts in London. there's also BL Auto's in Welwyn Garden City - Click Here -
kennyv50   
Sat Nov 09 2019, 11:58am
Trainman could i ask what vers you are using and date of car. thanks
rwb   
Sat Nov 09 2019, 08:12pm
Member No: #1988
It sounds to me like the hard drive in your RT4 has died.

It's fairly straightforward to replace the hard drive and re-install.

I recommend using a Compact Flash card with an IDE adapter (CF is pin compatible with IDE).

After re-installing you will need Diagbox to reconfigure the default installation to the options present in your car.
Website
madst   
Sat Jan 25 2020, 06:57pm
Member No: #3419
My C6 har RT4, and inspired by this thread I have been looking for quite some time for a set of RT5 and high res display. So far without any luck.

Btw. should anyone here have a set for sale, I am interested!

It seems to be a lot easier to find a set with RT6, also from Magneti Marelli. Has anyone tried to install a RT6 head unit in the C6? Is it possible?
Website
Trainman   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 10:41am

madst wrote ...

My C6 har RT4, and inspired by this thread I have been looking for quite some time for a set of RT5 and high res display.

You don't need the display, I have upgraded from RT4 to RT5 using the same display, all you need is to get the RT5 unit coded to the car with Diagbox.
eke   
Wed Jan 29 2020, 12:35pm
Member No: #624
madst wrote ...

My C6 har RT4, and inspired by this thread I have been looking for quite some time for a set of RT5 and high res display. So far without any luck.

Btw. should anyone here have a set for sale, I am interested!

It seems to be a lot easier to find a set with RT6, also from Magneti Marelli. Has anyone tried to install a RT6 head unit in the C6? Is it possible?

From allegro you can find several RT5, for instance - Click Here -. Just change the front panel from your RT4
madst   
Fri Jan 31 2020, 07:31pm
Member No: #3419
Thanks to both of you!
Website
joopajaa   
Wed Feb 23 2022, 11:12am
Member No: #3261
How can I obtain the programming code for diagbox needed for RT4 or RT5 bought from scrap yard?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club