Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear center console panel dead

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
czarlz   
Thu Jan 23 2020, 08:14am
Member No: #3806
Hi,

After fixing (not myself) the flaps in ventilation (right half was blowing cold, left - hot) I noticed that the rear center console panel is dead. I checked all the fuses, but they are OK. Everything else works well. Have you ever come across such an issue?
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 23 2020, 12:08pm

Member No: #1
Never had an issue but it's possible that a button on the rear has been pressed so check that out 1st.

From the handbook:

Activation - rear panel
When you press button Auto, the automatic mode automatically and simultaneously controls the air flow and air distribution for the rear air conditioning.

The warning lamp on button A lights up.

It is recommended to keep both air vents open.

Deactivation

A press on any of the buttons B, C or D, deactivates the automatic operation of the rear air conditioning. the warning lamp on button A goes out.

Note : If the air conditioning in the front of the cabin is stopped (function deactivated in the « Air conditioning » menu or via the control 4 for adjusting the air flow), then the rear automatic air conditioning is not available.

ADJUSTING THE AIR FLOW

If you press buttons B or D you increase or decrease the flow for the rear air conditioning.

The number of diode(s) lit up, composing the symbol for air flow (helix, situated between buttons B and D) expresses its power level.

To deactivate the air flow and air distribution for the rear air conditioning, press successively on button D so that all the diodes go out

DISTRIBUTION TO FOOTWELLS/HEADS

Successive presses on button C will modify the distribution of the air flow.

Three directions are available :

Passengers' heads.
Passenger footwells.
Passengers' heads and footwells.

The arrow lit up indicates the distribution of air chosen manually. In « AUTO » mode, no arrow lights up.

ADJUSTMENT OF THE FLOW OF AIR INTO THE STORAGE UNDER THE FRONT CENTRAL ARMREST

If you choose a maximum flow of air in the rear by pressing B and distribution towards passenger's heads by pressing C, having closed the rear air vents, you will obtain a maximum flow of air into the storage beneath the armrest.
----------------------------------

If playing with the rear controls with the ignition on and aircon set to on in the main menus, the fuses are fine (including the ones in the boot?) then a connector may have been disturbed when changing the flaps?
Website
czarlz   
Thu Jan 23 2020, 01:26pm
In my case the rear panel does not react at all. I can press any button I want, will change nothing. No LED is on too, except for the cigarette lighter. How can I get to the connectors? Do I have to completely disassemble the whole center console?
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 23 2020, 03:21pm

Member No: #1
Before you do anything else, what temperature is it where you are?

At around anything below +6c the aircon auto cuts out to protect the system so if it's auto off then the rear panel will also be switched off.
Website
czarlz   
Fri Jan 24 2020, 09:04am
It is about +6C here now, but the whole thing was not working at +20C too. It looks like either they forgot to connect it, or it has died.
Paulius   
Fri Jan 24 2020, 06:02pm
Member No: #1821
Well, you could try computer diagnostics. There is a separate ECU for the rear control panel and it lets you test the buttons and LEDs. You could maybe see if there is communication with the ECU. But I wouldn't know what to do with that information if I was you anyway..
czarlz   
Mon Jan 27 2020, 07:23am
All is clear and sorted now. They must have forgotten to connect the plug. As simple as that. I fixed it in approx. 1 minute. Thanks for your answers.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club