C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

3.0 V6 Petrol Leak of Power in Low Rev

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citroenboy   
Wed Jan 08 2020, 12:59pm
Member No: #4212
The other day I was driving the C6, but found out that there is very little power when the engine is at low rev, especially when going uphill. I tried to switch to sport mode, the power goes up but reluctant to shift gear.

Recently have the oil changed and serviced, but the problem is still here, may I ask what is the possible cause and is there any solution?
David Hallworth   
Wed Jan 08 2020, 01:37pm

Member No: #90
It could be reduced power for a number of reasons from a slight misfire, an air leak, or a bad sensor in the exhaust or on the engine. Not all errors will trigger the Engine Management Light either.

The best thing to do would be to plug the car into a diagnostics machine and check for fault codes. If that doesn't reveal anything, then you can start reading the live data from the various sensors as well.
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 08 2020, 03:03pm

Member No: #1
David Hallworth wrote ...

It could be reduced power for a number of reasons from a slight misfire, an air leak, or a bad sensor in the exhaust or on the engine. Not all errors will trigger the Engine Management Light either.

The fact that it's just had a 'service' might tie in with Davids comments if someone hasn't connected the air intake piping etc. up correctly.
Website
bargi   
Fri Jan 10 2020, 07:53pm
Member No: #2590
When you pull away and drive at low speed how rough is the engine?
The V6 petrol is common for the coil packs to go, I had 2 in 2 months.
It doesn't stall but it runs really rough and struggles to change up gears.
Do you have an EML?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club