C6 Aux audio input

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
sugarat   
Sun Oct 24 2010, 06:59pm
Member No: #256
Hi All.

What is the neatest way to allow me to play audio off my Android phone? It has a headphone jack on it. I was hoping there would be an auxilary input in the armrest box, but it looks like the only inputs are located in the glovebox! That's a no-no for me, as I don't want wires trailing all over the place.

What do you guys suggest is the best way to get the audio off my phone? I download podcasts onto it via WiFi so it would be nice to be able to stream those through the car speakers.

Many thanks for your help
Ped   
Sun Oct 24 2010, 08:26pm
Member No: #82
I sent a thin cable from the offside of the glovebox down to the floor mat, routed under the mat to the passenger seatbelt fastener where my ipod or iphone sits perfectly in the gap between the gear stick and the mini compartment behind the cigar lighter. Very tidy.
sugarat   
Sun Oct 24 2010, 08:38pm
Member No: #256
Hey that sounds like a good idea. That was my main concern, having it nice and tidy. Looking at the input box it looks like a video in, and a left/right mono, so I guess I just need to pop down to maplin and get me a headphone jack -> left/right mono cable.

Thanks a lot
Chris Burmajster   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 02:09pm
Member No: #81
Ped wrote ...

I sent a thin cable from the offside of the glovebox down to the floor mat, routed under the mat to the passenger seatbelt fastener where my ipod or iphone sits perfectly in the gap between the gear stick and the mini compartment behind the cigar lighter. Very tidy.

Ped, how exactly did you do this? I too don't like cables all over the place and would love a neat solution to this problem, but my glovebox has absolutely no holes or gaps to get *any* kind of cable out of it, however thin. Did you go through the fuse box?
RichardKC6   
Sat Oct 30 2010, 03:07pm
Member No: #49
I'm able to feed an iPod dock lead through the side of the glovebox, fits just fine - past the lid though, not in the box itself. I'd assumed that's what Ped has done, fed it through the bottom corner of the lid, around, under the mat and out again.
Ped   
Sun Oct 31 2010, 04:17pm
Member No: #82
That's right. It's a pretty decent cable, it fits through a gap at the side. I'll get some pictures for you later.
buggebubben   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:31pm
Member No: #1017
I have a question.

If I connect my Android with a 3,5mm ---> 2x Mono and connect them to the contacts in the glove compartment, do I then have to go to "Video" the hear the music played from my Android.

This will means that the screen in my C6 is all black and I cannot see any other information. Is this the only way?
Dapprman   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 01:47pm
Member No: #710
There's an option some where in the menu structure to enable the connector. Once done it will appear as AUX in your list of sources (i.e. hard drive - CD - radio - aux)
buggebubben   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 05:22pm
Member No: #1017
Found it! Thanks Dapprman, that looks alot better.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club